Chapter Seven

Westminster Palace London England 1553: Next morning with Isabelle and Charles Duke of Suffolk.

True, last evening Isabelle was all excitement and joy now she was somewhat deflated and sad.

She awoke early, with a slumbering Charles next to her, she was lying in the bed her and Charles affirming their engagement with a night of unbridled passion and pleasure much to both their delights.

Charles had been jubilant at his majesties response to their engagement and he did not object to him in wishing for his friend to marry Lady Isabelle.

Queen Anne had been on the throne for a few weeks now and she had started to suddenly act jealous of Lady Isabelle though Isabelle had not a clue why perhaps she feared his majesty might his cousin for a mistress since she was big with child again.
After losing the child, the last time she was carrying Lady Isabelle did not expect anything good coming of this poor babe either, His majesty had gotten himself into a affair with one of Queens one ladies and Lady Harrington's loyal friend Lady Jane Seymour.

Truly, Isabelle felt deflated she had not thought to be so, after a night of love making with her beloved Charles.

When Charles reached across the bed for her, he woke to find her sitting upon the edge of the bed frowning he sat up lighting he put a hand upon Isabelle's shoulder starling her.

" Isabelle my sweet! What's the matter? Why are you out of bed so early it's cold"! Charles repiled with concern in his tone.

" this is not like my Isabelle has she had a awful nightmare and not thought to wake me"? Charles thought.

" Issy sweetheart talk to me.... whats the matter"! Charles pleaded again as he shuffled across the bed to wrap her in his arms kissing cheek lightly, she smiled softly.

" its nothing my love! I'm being silly"! She brushed it off gently rubbing Charles's arms with her hands.

" Isabelle you are not being silly .... something is troubling you and I want to know what it is .... so tell me"! Charles offered pleading with her.

" it's of little importance come on let's go back to sleep the Court has arisen yet"! Isabelle tried changing the subject.

" No love! You're going to tell me why you are sat there with a sad look on that beautiful face of yours"! Charles told her kissing her cheek softly again.

Isabelle smiled and sighed .....

" it's just I'm afraid that Queen Anne maybe jealous of me and I fear that's why she tried to poison me"! Isabelle confessed.

" oh my Darling! Shhh ... that whore will not come anywhere near you again if she does I'll drag her to the Tower myself"!.

Charles began to kiss Isabelle's shoulder moving the chiffon material held in place by a strap, Isabelle gasped " Charles no not now"! Isabelle moaned out.

" Oh yes my Darling Duchess to be... you are the most beguiling more beautiful than that mischievous whore"! Charles smiled as he kissed beneath her ear and down her neck again.