Chapter Two

Ever since Lady Isabelle Harrington had arrived  at the royal Courts heads had been turned steering them away from the devilishly and you daresay beautiful Lady Anne boleyn Marquess of Pembroke as she was now to be called. Oh just another day at Court with the whole court stopping and staring at Lady Anne wherever she went. Isabelle was rather tired of hearing about it the great issue that her dearest Cousin His majesty The King was to marry lady Anne and make her his Queen so that she could born him a son to complete his line of the tudors the only thing that made it bearable was His Grace The Duke of Suffolk of course he was established at Court everybody hated him Isabelle could not think why. What a gentleman he is towards the ladies of the court! Said Lady Anne had become accustomed to seeing Isabelle the King's cousin about the Court shortly after Isabelle's arrival there was talk of the Sweating sickness plaguing the City Charles urged her to take the most cautious care about people for she too could fall unwell, Isabelle listened to The Duke and kept to her chambers within the verge of the Court, not even his majesty could visit her when The Duke came to see her before this deathly plague started he told her " I must away to go back home for now but I shall write to you his majesty will not mind I have he knows of my looking after you"! Charles told her tentatively one day, " indeed you must your Grace and hasten for my sake for the love of God stay well"! Came her reply. With that he took her hand and kissed it gently upon her fingers and disappeared from her chambers.

Soon enough the whole Court returned and everything was as it was .... Isabelle awoke on the early hours of the morning, rubbing her eyes she crept over to the window sitting looking out of it.

It was not quite 9am yet and the entire Court was up and busy Isabelle was dressed in her gown.

(Isabelle's gown)

She sat in the window seat devouring her romance novel that she had picked out the royal library a few days ago she found herself most content awaiting for her day to start.

As she sat there devouring it in get reverie her mind began to wonder about Charles. 

" how is he? I haven't seen it so long"! She thought to herself suddenly there came a knock at the door she looked across and stood smoothing her down down from the creases that might have appeared.

" Come in"! Isabelle called.

Opening the door it was Charles standing there with a great smile on his face.

" Charles how lovely to see you! She stuck her hand for him to take he did so kissing her upon her fingers lightly never releasing his hold he could not he had missed her dearly.

" Goodmorning my Lady! I wondered if youd do me the honour of accompanying me on a walk this fine day"! Charles offered.

Isabelle laughed " Of course I'd be delighted to my lord"! Came her calm and gentle gracious response.

" Do tell me! What has kept my favourite Duke away from Court for so long"? Isabelle asked smiling graciously at him her blue eyes sparkling as she spoke.

" I had business on my estates to tend to"! Charles repiled with a kind smile.

They were so easy in each others company even the King had noticed as had Cromwell his majesties advisor. .

" indeed! and  how is her Grace The Duchess she must be a strength of a woman to suffer you"! Isabelle replied jesting.

" She is well I shall tell her you asked about her .... she'll be delighted she does love you more than his majesty I believe but the only reason why my wife won't come to Court is because... of that .... Witch Margaret's words " that boleyn girl"! Charles repeated.

" Oh! All of course naturally I cannot say what I think of this marriage because his majesty would have my head and then what use would I be to anyone then now hmm"! Isabelle counted.

" indeed my lady and I agree with you wholeheartedly of course"! Charles repiled smiling slightly with a chuckle.

" Naturally your Grace you are more closer to his majesty than I so I dare not disagree with him upon such a matter ... it is we whom must obey and honour your Grace"! Isabelle replied.

" May I say how fine you look my Lady! A vision of beauty"! Charles declared with a rueful smile.

" I thankyou your Grace that's very kind of .... but it's a old thing like most of my gowns"! Isabelle confessed.

" Indeed! Heavens we cannot have you looking like this... dear oh dear that would never do now would it? Allow me to speak with his majesty about getting you some new gowns I'm sure his majesty would be only to happy to oblige"! Charles offered.

" Charles! Please... I have no wish to push his majesty into doing things for me he has other pressing matters to tend to"! Isabelle protested.

" Isabelle please... if you will not allow his majesty to order the gowns to be made .... then will you allow me to do so"? Charles offered. .

" Charles you cannot! What about your wife won't she wonder whom the dresses are for"? Isabelle began to protest again.

" Hush now my lady! Its settled ... I will see to it that you have some new gowns for the Court"! Charles declares.

The pair walked the gardens twisting and turning this way and that about every corner they laughed at each others jokes and chatted merrily with each other.