PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE
↳ the beginning

PROLOGUE↳ the beginning

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

Opposite Family Video was a small Barnes and Nobles. Robin had noticed it a few times, it wasn't exactly the hardest to miss. However, what she immediately and always noticed was the girl working there. A blonde, bubbly girl: Laurie Fisher. Now, Robin Buckley wasn't exactly one to keep her cool around people in general, but she so desperately tried whenever Laurie Fisher came into Family Video, usually to rent out Grease and then simply chat to Robin on other days, or to just return Grease and then talk. Robin knew very well what she always wanted, always having the VHS prepared whenever she hadn't rented it out, exactly by 4pm, around the time that she would be coming in. It had become a usual routine now and Steve Harrington couldn't help noticing it.

He didn't pry much into her behaviour. He shrugged a shoulder to how excited his friend got whenever Laurie Fisher skipped into Family Video with a Cheshire cat smile on her face. He shrugged at how bashful Robin got, praying that his best friend wasn't setting herself up to get her heart shattered once more.

By the end of the Summer, Robin had began noticing how infrequently Laurie Fisher had been coming into work and Family Video in general. She didn't assume much, only that maybe the brown eyed girl had been too busy to come in and pick up Grease like she would usually do. So, instead, she simply put aside Grease and told customers every time that it was currently being rented out.

Obviously it wasn't. Robin knew that and so did Steve.

But, Steve knew to not pry too much into his friend's odd behaviour. Over the Summer following the Starcourt Mall disaster (which was being dubbed a fire now), Steve had really gotten to know his friend. He knew to not question too much of her behaviour, since it was Robin Buckley after all.

Late August arrived and Laurie Fisher did too with a spring in her steps. The girl was a literal ray of sunshine, bouncing into Family Video following a rather long shift at the bookshop. Robin couldn't help the smile spreading across her face when Laurie had come to the front of the shop, bouncing in place while she spoke to Robin.

"I'm so sorry I haven't been here in ages," the blonde haired girl apologised in her usual cheerful voice. She gave a grin, her cheeks their usual rosy selves. "Do you have-"

Robin immediately cut her off, "Grease?" She brandished the VHS with a wide smile, holding it with all the pride the girl could muster in front of the school cheerleader. "Voila." She gave a toothy grin.

Laurie laughed, her usual smile never leaving her face as she shook her head. Her blonde hair bounced around and she simply brushed a strand out of her face before replying in her cheerful voice, "I was gonna say Footloose, but that's great as well."