III. DEFINITELY NO MADONNA

CHAPTER THREE
↳ definitely no madonna

CHAPTER THREE↳ definitely no madonna

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

( content warning : minor homophobia )

Laurie Fisher was beyond hopeful that maybe Lucas would be given a small chance at being involved in the basketball team. She had spent the whole entire year vouching for the poor boy, though Jason was 'nervous' to place a newbie on the team immediately. Like, sure Lucas was new and young, but he had a lot of potential for someone so young. Laurie immediately assumed Jason didn't want him playing since Lucas was better at throwing balls into hoops.

Though, Jason did deny that.

She gave a wide grin the moment the boy and the other boys appeared, brightening up massively when Lucas gave her a small wave. Though she couldn't wave (having a pompom in her hand and having to cheer), she did give her same old toothy grin that Lucas appreciated.

While all the girls stood to the side, their voices were very much evident, even through the applause and cheers.

"Let's go, Tigers!" They all cheered and ever so often, Laurie couldn't help looking at Robin Buckley as she played alongside the marching band.

The girls continued to cheer. "Let's go, Tigers!"

While Laurie knew very well that Robin wasn't even paying attention her way, she couldn't help just look ever so often. She couldn't really control it whatsoever, her smile widening more and more. Though, to everyone else it just looked like Laurie Fisher was being herself.

But, Laurie Fisher was being truly happy. Like, happier than ever. She could see Steve Harrington walking up the aisle of people. She recognised him very well as the boy who would sometimes drop Robin to school. She never really held a full on conversation with him, but she knew he was exceptionally famous for his reputation as the king of Hawkins High.

Until Billy Hargrove came around, that is.

She noticed he was with some girl she didn't recognise and held back her frown. Laurie had been given the impression that Steve had a thing for Robin, so why on earth was he bringing some random girl with him to the basketball game?

Before she could get lost in her cheer routine and thoughts, the band completely stopped and the speaker man spoke, "Everyone now please rise for our national anthem." All the cheerleaders placed their pompoms on the ground by their feet and waited until whoever was singing walked out. Now, being born and raised for like six years in England, Laurie absolutely didn't get why Americans were so patriarchal. From doing the Pledge of Allegiance to so many other things, she didn't expect so many changes to occur. Like, she assumed it must be normal though, not questioning it.