VII. IT'S BUG

CHAPTER SEVEN
↳ it's bug

CHAPTER SEVEN↳ it's bug

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

Reefer Rick's house was as everyone expected, though clearly didn't want to expect: empty. Laurie and Dustin were both circling around the windows and door, peering in with their flashlights, the ones Dustin just so happened to have on him, knocking rather harshly in the effort of maybe Eddie answering. Though, Laurie didn't imagine the Munson boy being very willing to talk after what he possibly witnessed. They continued knocking harshly, though, it was Dustin who was ringing the doorbell, Laurie was knocking. The smell of drugs laid clear in the surroundings, making Laurie cringe slightly, though not that much. She had become rather acquainted with that smell, after living for years in the same trailer park with druggies alike.

After a few moments of relentless knocking and door bell ringing, Steve Harrington decided he needed to determine everything. "Okay. Well, that's settled. I guess he's not here."

Whoever told him he had the deciding factor on this needed to slap themselves. Like, Laurie respected Steve Harrington, she just didn't like the fact he believed he had complete control over how everything is handled. Though, she didn't want to argue with him on the matter. So, instead, she simply rolled her eyes, continuing to knock firmly on the window, ignoring the ache she felt on her knuckles from the constant banging.

Dustin, however, completely ignored him, now frantically knocking on the door. "Eddie! It's Dustin!"

"Great." Steve rolled his eyes and Laurie couldn't help the slight glare she gave him.

"Look, we just wanna talk, okay? No cops, I swear. We just wanna help." Dustin knocked more firmly, then yelling, "Eddie!"

Laurie frowned. "Maybe he's hiding?" She gently tapped on the window, the tapping echoing slightly. "Hello? Eddie? We won't hurt you, it's bug."

Dustin quirked an eyebrow at Laurie, turning to her slightly. "Bug?" He questioned, hearing the odd name she used to refer to herself as. He found it slightly odd, though somewhat understood Laurie and her quirky yet upbeat energy that she always seemed to have.

Laurie continued knocking on the glass, a rhyme rather repetitive now. "Childhood nickname." She gave a firm knock, before turning to the group, a pressed smile on her face. She didn't want to appear as though she didn't have hope, but this looked like a dead end for them. Maybe Eddie wasn't with Reefer Rick. Maybe it wasn't dumb luck to assume he was here. Maybe it was just dumb.  "Yeah, I don't think he's here exactly."

Steve deadpanned at her. "No shit."

Laurie's face scrunched up in confusion, her nose scrunching slightly. "Don't be rude." She held the flashlight firmly to the window, trying to peer in. "He may be Eddie but I don't think he'd be here exactly. Emphasis on the here, pretty boy. Pointing it out since I doubt you read my emphasis."