ℙ𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖

Y/n POV
・—・—・—・—・—・—・

"Y/n come on..." My best friend Jess groans, dragging on her sentence in a fit of disappointment as she tugged on my arm, causing me to have to resist the urge of just letting her drag me around.

"Jess, for the last time, I said no! It's the Nether we're talking about, not the swamps! Ive heard all of the stories talking about the  mobs, and ghasts, which shoot fire, and wither skeletons! Those little freaky sidekicks the Wither, mind you, made in a last ditch effort to destroy our kind?"
I pause to scoff at the idea once more.
"Plus the myths about the white eyed legend, Notch's brother, Herobrine? The overlord of all hostile mobs and the Nether? A whole 'nother world? Yeah. No thank you."
I state firmly, pushing her arm off as I start to walk back to my house after our short outing together.

"I'm not risking my life because of some stupid so-called Netherfortress!" I say before turning my head to face her.
"Plus you and I both know there no way in Notch's name that there's a netherfortress that hasn't already been looted or discovered by archaeologists."

"Well yeah, but exploring it could be fun?-"
"Jess, no."

As I reach my front door I hear Jess speak up in a tone of voice that held the last of her hope.
"I'll pay for lunch for the next week..?"

A beat of silence washes over the two of us as my hand freezes in the doorknob.

Am I really thinking about her offer? About risking my life for some food? Of course no-
"Deal"

So now here we were, making our way to the towns nether portal that remained in The center of town square. The glowing purple embers that floated off The portal landed around the nearby stands that were selling foods or clothes gave off a magical feel to The area; I mean it's not every day a small town has a portal to themselves.

Usually the head doctors and potion brewery owners are the only ones that enter the portal, considering everyone is too afraid of the myths or stories the nether holds to even attempt sticking their hand through it for fun.

So why on earth were we, two young women who barely got their own jobs, going to wander around the Nether?

We step up to it and look at each other hesitantly before Jess speaks up first.

"You first"
I whirl my head to look at her, dumbfounded that she'd sacrifice me first even though she bribed me into coming with her.

"You little twat"
"You love me" She replies in a high and mighty voice, posing like a great king would for a portrait.

"Ha, What made you assume that?"
"Ouch"
"You deserved it"
I say before stepping into the porta, immediately getting hit in the face with a wave of intense nausea.

𝚄𝚙𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚍 10/8/23- 494 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜.