ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟟

Ever that asshole Heroine had gotten me out of that hole, I've noticed that I haven't really gone out of my way to badmouth him in my thoughts. Weird because I still hate him, but, yknow, it's... Different feeling.

No, I don't love him. I would never love a monster that him, that's absurd, absolutely ludicrous. If I ever did, I'd either have gone crazy, or have been forced to. Even then, the latter wouldn't even me me loving him. He's horrible and gross.

And I know for a fact that I shouldn't be not hating him, which is also why I'm confused. He's responsible for me being here in the first place. Of course it's my and Jess' fault as well for entering the nether portal to begin with and wandering into places we shouldn't; But he was the person who locked me away and later kidnapped Jess to dangle her life in front of my eyes, threatening to end it if I don't comply to his commands.

If it weren't for the fact that she could die right now if I were to act out against his majesty, I wouldn't be in training right now.

Oh, yes, I may have forgotten to mention that I am, in fact, training at the moment. Herobrine made the choice that I should, for what ever reason, be his personal knight since I'm oh so powerful.

Which is stupid because he was willing to have some of his guards literally eat me if I had gotten caught; which I did-

"Agh-!"
I hiss in pain, my thoughts cut off by a punch to the chest.

Great

The zombie is getting cocky now, that stupid smirk on his face is more than enough evidence of that.

I swing my arm forward, nicking his cheek with my blade, causing it to start bleeding. I then use my chance to kick him in the groin. I keep him in place on the ground by manifesting a cage to engulf his body while he was hunched over in pain. I did kick his groin afterall.

I then turn the wall of glass on my right, dropping my daggers and letting them disperse into nothingness. Herobrine and a few others are behind the transparent wall, watching the fight between me and the zombie unfold.

"Can I leave now?"
I ask in a snarky tone, clearly done with the day. Every day I train for five hours, each time I'm threatened with my death; apparently I need to really prove myself worthy, my opponents goal is to kill me, and mine is to immobilize them. Quite unfair in my opinion.

I hear the quiet click of a lock, signaling that the iron door behind me can be opened now.

Timeskip - 2 Weeks

I watch as the trees slowly make their ways out of my peripherals, my vision bouncing up and down slightly as I sit upon a white horse.

The horse is fast and strong, might I say. Of course it would be, its a male horse bred specifically for his majesty.

The horse was adorned with Netherite armour. Somehow Herobrine had found a way to extract traces of light from my abilities, and inject it into netherite armour. Therefore the armour actually has a very subtle yellow hue mixed into it, not too noticeable, but when you compare it to pure netherite the difference can be found.

Todays my first mission, if I hadn't stated it earlier. I'm to go to the overworld to burn down a village.

I know, right? Really violent and unnecessary, quite obvious and, honestly, a stupid idea. But I have to do it regardless of my own opinions.

I don't know why I don't feel a ton of remorse, but I don't exactly feel happy about it either. It's kind of just a neutral feeling. It doesn't directly affect me, but I don't want to take away an entire towns worth of homes and goods.

Maybe I'm just going crazy, it's hard telling nowadays.

Anyways, back on track, I'm riding in the middle of a small group of mobs. We're riding in a triangle of sorts, Herobrine is the very front, and in the row directly following him was two wither skeletons. In the third row had Me in the middle and two enderman, one on either side of me. In the back and very last row had two skeletons and two zombies, the zombies stationed between the skeletons.

I tug gently on the reins as the wither skeleton in front of me stops, I glance forwards and my gaze catches on Herobrine's closed fist which was held up beside him. He sat up right, his head slowly turning to look in front of him.

I glance around as well but don't see anything. I advert my eyes back towards Herobrine and find hes looking back at me.

"Human, go look around."

My face contorted in disgust for the 'nickname' he gave me, making eye contact as he glares back. Having no other option, I roll my eyes, groaning as I carefully slide off my tall horse, my feet quietly making contact with the soft soil underneath me. I take short, but quick, strides to the front of the group, taking a deep breath as I close my eyes to I listen for anything.

With my eyes shut, it forced my body to rely on my hearing, so I listen. I focus my hearing for something that could help me figure out why our group stopped.

Unfortunately I don't pick up anything important, but I do hear the zombies and skeletons murmuring with each other behind me. I also hear a quick woosh. I swiftly lift my hands up and manifest a force field to surround me. I open my eyes and see an arrow lying on the ground beside my shield. I turn around and glare at the skeleton who had his bow still raised along with his arm.

I pick up the arrow and shoot it back at him with my bow made of nether quartz. Oh yes, I was also given a basic arsenal mad of a sword and a bow. I had the arrows on my horse because I simply didn't want it attached to my hip the whole time; it gets quite uncomfortable after riding for a while.

The arrow hit his leather cap on his skull, the only reason for it being it prevents him from turning to ash in broad daylight. Of course a normal arrow wouldn't do anything to him, he's literally just bones therefore the arrow wouldn't really pierce him. So I hit the leather cap to annoy him, since arrow are hard to pull out of things.

I wave off my protection of light, allowing it to disperse back into the sun's rays surrounding me. Since I'm in the sun's direct light, I feel the power I've been lacking surge through my veins as my body fuels itself, stocking up for when I must go back to the nether.

I listen with my eyes open this time, and hear a small rustle coming from the bush to my left. I pull out my sword and slice away the branches. In the bush lyed a wolf with a Green color. It looked quite aggressive, but it wasnt attacking.

Why isn't it lunging a me?

A whistle is heard, and I look over. I bring my hands to my mouth, and make a dove sound. A trot of horse hooves are heard approaching slowly.

"What?"
A wither skeleton hisses at me, clearly not caring for me in the slightest; into coming over because he was ordered to.

I point towards where the whistle came from with my thumb.
"I heard a whistle, someone's looking for their dog"
I step aside and show the wolf with its ears perked up, hearing its supposed owner calling for it. Unfortunately the wolf is stuck in the mud underneath it.

"Hm. You'll come back to the group and we'll head East, away from whomever is over there."
He turns around and trots away. I follow swiftly, not helping the animal since it's aggressive, and it's owner is coming anyways. The barking is leading the person right to us, so either I help and get caught, or get away scotchfree and the animal gets out. I quickly hop back onto my horse and we trot the other direction.

Words : 1411. Edited November 16 2023