ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙

As Jess and I were walking through the Nether, I realized how hot the Nether really was. Why didn't we prepare for this? It's literally a realm filled with lava and fire, why didn't we think this through?

"Can we go back now?"
Jess whines as she lifts a hand up to wipe the sweat off her forehead.

"You dragged me here, and forced me to come with you, and you're the one that's wants to leave? No. Were staying until we at least find something to bring."
I jar at her and look up to see a large stone looking castle.

"Is that it?"
"Arent netherfortress' usually made out of netherbrick-"
"Who cares? Let's go!"
Jess says as she picks up her pace, heading in the direction of the mysterious building.

Somehow, as we get closer to the entrance of the large castle, the air around us cools down.

"Woah... How did that...?"
I say as I stop walking and looks around."
"I don't know but I'm so thankful for it"
Jess says as she bends over to sit down on the floor to rest.

Shaking my head, I decide to speak up, kicking her lightly in the side.
"Jess, let's go, we need to hurry up and explore this place so we can leave before my family gets mad that I'm gone."

"Ow- Okay! Okay. I'm up- Let's go then. Jeez"
She groans, rubbing her side in mock pain as she gets up.

"Left or right, Y/n?"
I look at the intersection of broken hallways,
To the right is a dark, ominous passage with occasional holes in the wall, letting in a beam of light from the surrounding lava. The floor cracked and caving in on itself. I look left and the see a similar hallway, but it looks stable enough to walk on without collapsing and causing us to fall to our inevitable doom.

"How about left?"
"Sure, lets go!"

We carefully walk down the hall, listening to the soft tapping of our footsteps on the stone flooring echo throughout the empty building, soon we enter a large open area.

Looking around, I see the floor is made of stone brick and the walls are made of dark oak with the occasional spruce wood pillars. How have they not caught on fire yet?

"Was this the throne room?" Jess questions, walking forward and runs her hand along a pillar as she continues looking around.

"Maybe"
I respond, watching Jess walk around until she finds a broken, but sturdy, stone throne.
"I guess it was.."
I say, sitting on it.
"It's really cold"
I laugh.
"Really? Move! Lemme try!"
Jess says shoving me off the throne.
"Wil I be cursed?"
She says, second guessing if she should sit on it.
"First, if that was the case then we'd be cursed together since I literally just sat there two second's ago. Second, why are you so superstitious?" I ask her, suddenly confused. Didn't she want to come to a place full of death and misery for fun?

Jess sputters and defends herself.

"You didn't want to come because of a myth!"
"Shut."
I narrow my eyes at her before continuing.
"Though are you sure you want to sit on it? To me it was pretty cold."

She gives me a look and sits on it,
"It's warm though? Oh... It's probably pretty cold since youre basically a self heater"
She says, laughing.

"You're just jealous of my amazing talents"
"I'm really not, you just magically make light out of thin air."
I give her a look, as she fiddles with her fingers before she continues.

"Okay maybe I a-"
"Shh- Did you see that?"
I cut her off, whipping my head over to look around. I could've sworn I saw something..

"See what? Wait. What was that sound?"
Jess carefully gets up off the throne, and I take a step forward, towards the sound. Lifting my hand, a ball of light manifests in my palm, ready to attack the intruder.

"Is anyone there? Speak now."
I call out into the previously presumed empty room.

I see something move in the corner of my eye, and swiftly look over, only to see two white ones staring back at me from behind a half broken spruce pillar.

"Jess... We need to go. Like right now."
I whisper, my eyes widening and my heart picking up its speed. I knew it.

"What? What do yo-" She says as she looks over to where Im staring only to freeze.

I throw the ball of light onto the floor, the light quickly breaking and expanding on the ground before it lifts upwards to create a barrier between us and him.

"Jess! Let's go!"
I say smacking her arm, she snaps out of it, and we turn and start back towards the portal as fast as we can, ignoring the burn in our legs as we push them harder than they can go.

As we exit the cool haven around the castle we start to overheat, sweat pooling on our brows and foreheads.

"Y/n, I don't have my inhaler-" Jess says, she cuts herself off with a gasp, trying to get air in as she stumbles.

"Jess! No no no no, we need to keep running! My barrier won't last too long and it's not strong enough-"
"Y/n! I'm fine.. You can go, I'll catch up"
"But- No! I- I can do something... Can I make an inhaler? I don't know, I can try"
I say as I look up to see the very man we were running from only 10 or so feet away, walking menacingly towards us.

In a panic I raise my hand and let out a beam of solid light. It hits him in the shoulder and he gets knocked back a ways. He stands up and glares at me, if looks could kill I'd be 12 feet under and burnt to a crisp.

I hurry and make an inhaler and give it Jess, but it only falls through her hands.

"Come on...!  Uhm- Jess just deep breathes, breathe in breathe out- Breathe with me!"
Jess all of a sudden looks terrified,
"Jess?"
I feel a cold hand on my neck.

I feel my eyes widen and my windpipes start to close as pressure it applied to them. The man's large hand making it easy to block off my oxygen flow.

"Jess... Please go.. Go"
I sputter, terrified and losing consciousness.
I feel his hold tighten. And I start to feel dizzy, black dots start to cover my vision as I fight a losing battle to stay awake.

"Y/n! I can do somethi-"
"Jess shut- up... and run! You can do it- Please!"
I gasp with tears in my eyes, I can barely see her, but she doesn't sound like shes getting further away.

"I promise.. I'll come find you.. Let my family know- I'll miss them"
I wheeze with a broken smile. I can feel my throat start to bruise, as my brain starts shutting down.

"Y/n no! I can help!"
She starts coming towards me, weakly pulling out her Iron sword.
"No.. Bye Jess.."
I say, as a last ditch effort, I weakly lifts my hands forward to create some ropes made of light to pull her back to the portal. It was within our sights, but we weren't able to make it. Regardless of getting there, he'd probably have come through since we left him to th portal.

"Y/n stop it!"
She interrupts herself with a sob,
"I can help you- please!"
"Bye Jess.."
I whisper, tears streaming down my face, I cant breathe at this point. I hear a sickening laugh from behind me, his deep voice ringing in my ears as I fall unconscious at a simple command. "Sleep"

𝚄𝚙𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚍 10/9/23 1312 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜