ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟝

I was standing on a hill, with my best friend standing next to. The horizon displayed pinks, oranges, and purples as the sun sets. The birds songs die down as they fly to their nests, resting for the night. I look over to Jess' smiling face, until it drops to a serious look.

"Y/n.. I ask you to do something. Y/n.. I need You to." She hesitates before continuing
"You.. You need open your eyes and see who he is. He isn't all sunshine and rainbows. He's killed people, Y/n."

My smile drops and I look away.
"Jess, please don't."

"No, Y/n. I need you to think about who he is-"

"Jess. Please stop."

"Y/n! God, what has he done to you..? You used to hate him- Fear him even but now you-"

"Jess! I love him!"

A flash happens and I see her lying dead, in her own blood with a netherite sword lined with gold stuck through her chest, her eyes good and lifeless.

I awake in a jolt and frantically look around.
Wet, rotting moss.
Same cold stone flooring and walls.
Jess standing over me with a scared and confused expression.
Dark hole in the wall- oh shit- Jess!

"Jess!!"
I jump up and hold onto her for dear life.
"You're not dead!"
"No- Why would I be? You know what? Don't answer that- Are you okay? What happened?"
"Nothing.. Just a nightmare."

As I embrace her, I hear the door open but I don't look over. Jess did and she has horror in her eyes. I look over and see a zombie.

The zombie grunts, not bothering to utter any words to me. I stand up quickly, fearing
"Bye Jess!"
"Don't die you twat!"
"Okay screw you too then!"
"Bye Y/n!"

As I suffer from the rotting smell of flesh and muscle, the zombie, I walk down the hall. Or more like am dragged and yanked down the hall.

Suddenly I'm pushed into a room and the door shuts behind me. I turn my head around, and see it's a door that falls from the ceiling to the floor, like those door in that one horror game with the animatronics. Five nights at Freddy's? I don't know, I've never played it.

I looks around and see another one about forty feet away. Soon that one opens and slams shut as another person is thrown in. A skeleton with cracks in his skull. This one is bald, with a commoners clothing. Not rags, but not golden laced cloth.

Suddenly a man with shaggy, chocolatey brown hair, back to me, appears in the center of the room. We all can guess who that could be. He turns around and makes eye contact with me. Or.. I think he did at least.

"To leave, you must defeat this skeleton. He is equipped with one sharp arrow, no bow. You, on the other hand, have to rely on your fists. Or.. Y'know."

He soon dissapears and leaves me staring at the skeleton, as he does to me. He quickly yanks out an arrow out of his shirt and charges at me.

Gasping, I roll backwards and run around him. Guessing the y'know was a hint-hint to using my magical powers, I create a small dagger. If course it was more dim than I'd like it to be, considerkng I haven't seen the Sun for what I assume is a week and a half, but I should be good until the end of the month before I run out of stored sunlight.

Gripping it tightly, I turn sharply and kick his legsnout from under him. I jump on top of him while he's down and hold the dagger to his neck, while my knee is resting on his chest, or ribs, to keep him down. My other hand pinning his hand with he arrow to the floor so he can't hurt me.

"Y'know? Holding a blade to your neck kinda defeats the purpose of the threat since I can't slit your throat. Id have to smash your bones apart."
I say light heartedly, but more menacingly towards the end.

"Congrats, you passed, you may live. Though poor Jett over here.."

The snap of a hand is heard as I fall down the the ground, the skeleton disappearing, presumably teleported, my knees probably bruised.

"He is not so lucky."

Another day to live I guess. Though at what cost?

𝚄𝚙𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚍 10/9/23 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜: 748