[10] My Self.

[RYUJIN]

The day started out perfect, I wasn't even sure I could get Yeji out of the house. The idea of the visit came at an opportune moment. I had no idea where we were going, but she seemed to have it all planned out. She was driving calmly, following the GPS directions. I kept thinking that she should go to the doctor, after all, she was pregnant. When I decided to ask her about it, I noticed that she was looking at me curiously. I felt uncomfortable, but I plucked up my courage and told her what I was thinking. I didn't understand why she was surprised by my request to go to her appointment. To me things were so obvious, it was only after her explanation that I understood why she was so surprised. 

Yeji was still thinking about what I had told her. I saw on her face the fear of me. I had thought several times about how to tell her to forgive me for what I had said. Furthermore, I just didn't know how to do it, I was still not used to her strange way of treating me as if we had known each other for many years. Likewise, I knew that the initiative had to come from me, for having mistaken her attitudes as something bad. Not only that, but I realized how apprehensive she was about this, so I asked her to forget about what had happened between us that day. Furthermore, I looked at her curiously, not knowing if she would accept, and saw a smile on her face. The same smile I saw the first day we met, the sparkle in her eyes was also there, back again. 

I smiled with relief at her attitude, it was already unbearable to see her so strange. Despite our new beginning, which I found rather strange, Yeji remained silent for the rest of the way. I was curious about what she was thinking so much, but I gave up asking when I noticed that sometimes she smiled. Her eyes kept their focus on the road while her fingers tapped the steering wheel. I noticed that she was humming a song, I could barely hear what she was singing. Before I could ask what that song was, she turned on the radio and pressed play. A song started, I had no idea who the singer was. I didn't even know what he was saying since the song was in English, but Yeji knew it very well. I realized that it was the same song she had sung moments ago. Likewise, I kept my eyes on her, it was curious, trying to imagine who she was. 

"We have arrived." She spoke, breaking the silence. 

"Already?" I asked confused, I was so distracted I didn't realize she had already stopped the car.

"Yes. This is the address." She said, getting out of the car. 

"I'm nervous." I also spoke to getting out of the car. 

"You have a company." She spoke squeezing it which sounded immediately startling me, without letting me prepare myself. 

The place was simple, with few houses on the dirt street, the low wall allowed a view of the house, it looked small, but cozy. Someone shouted from inside, indicating that they would come to see who had rung the bell. Yeji approached, stopping beside me, and we stared at the front door, waiting for someone to appear. A middle-aged lady opened the door, I didn't even have to look twice to know it was my Aunt Baram. Her face was aged, and her hair was partly white, but she was still the same as in my childhood. The same clear eyes full of kindness were still there. She narrowed her eyes as if she recognized me. She looked confused, but after a while she smiled, probably discovering who was at her gate. Not only that, but she quickly walked towards the gate and opened it, looking directly at me. 

"Oh" It's her!" She spoke, approaching me. 

"Hi, Auntie." I spoke excitedly. 

"Ryujin, is that you? Isn't it?" She asked, hugging me. 

"Yes, it's me." I replied, matching the hug. 

"Of course it's you! You're taller, but you're still the same girl." She spoke, smiling as she released me from the hug. "Who is she?" I ask, realizing Yeji's presence.