[19] The Trip.

[RYUJIN]

I really got desperate when Lia groaned as she stood up. I thought she was joking when she said she had hurt herself in the fall. I felt guilty that I had acted thoughtlessly and hurt her because of it. After we returned from the hospital, I decided to stay awake for a while in case she needed anything. I never imagined that Yeji would appear in the room where we were watching the movie. And that she would try to prevent me from seeing what was on TV.

Eventually, Yeji fell asleep. She stretched out on the sofa until she lay on my lap. Almost automatically, I began to smooth her hair. I noticed that her belly had grown. You could already tell that she was pregnant, although she was still in the early stages of pregnancy. I was still delighted that Soobin would have a child and that I would be this child's aunt. I touched her belly carefully, talked to the baby, even though I didn't know if he would be able to hear me. When I realized that Yeji had woken up, I tried to move away, but she stopped me with a smile.

I was shocked when she stood up and kissed my lips. I can't explain what it felt like. I wanted to scream with happiness. I realized that I had always wanted her to kiss me. But I couldn't believe that she also wanted to, even though she had already said she didn't like me. I was confused, but I had liked her attitude. So I let her kiss me again. A gentle kiss that got faster and faster. I almost died of embarrassment when I heard Yuna's voice when she realized what was happening. I was so focused on Yeji that I had forgotten that the girls were there too.

I was relieved when Yeji got us out. I was anxious about what might happen and even what she might say. I felt in heaven when she pulled me gently and kissed me. I didn't know what to think, I just didn't want the magic of that moment to end. I didn't even want to hear what she had to say for fear that it wasn't real. The feeling of security was complete when she hugged me. Then I knew that all I needed was her by my side.

As cheesy as it may be what Yeji said as we said goodbye, I loved hearing her words. Because I would also spend the night thinking about her. I threw myself on the bed and stared at the ceiling, still trying to believe what had happened. I didn't even realize when I fell asleep. All I know is that when I woke up, I felt great, even though I had only slept for a few hours. I got up and did my personal hygiene. I felt an unbearable desire to see Yeji. I left the room still undecided whether I should meet her at breakfast or go to her room.

As I was walking down the hall towards Yeji's room, I heard an argument coming from Lia's room. Worried, I decided to go see what was going on. The door was ajar. I approached slowly, hearing Goeun's altered voice. I opened the door to see Yeji's younger cousin running her hands through her hair. Lia was sitting on the end of the bed, staring at her.

"Why don't you ever listen to what I say?" Goeun asked without looking at Lia.

"Please, let's not fight. Okay?" Lia asked, getting up from the bed.

"Look at this. You can barely stand up by yourself." Goeun spoke up, hearing Lia groan in pain as she stood up.

"I'm fine. You don't have to act like this." Lia spoke, accepting her sister's help to sit on the bed again.

"Lia, please. Think straight, do you really need to travel now?" She asked, visibly worried.

"You know I do. I told you I can manage on my own." Lia replied slowly.

"You're not going and that's that. I can't let you travel, even more alone, like this." Goeun replied, ignoring what her sister was saying.

And I didn't know what to do, so I decided to leave and let them solve the problem between them. I didn't know why Lia wanted to travel, but I had to agree with Goeun. She couldn't travel alone like that. In my opinion, she shouldn't travel at all. You could see it in her pale face and how much it hurt to move. Before I left the room, Lia noticed my presence.