The End? 🕊️✨

*
Ahiru looked down at her feet distraught from the events that have occurred. Fakir's back was facing towards her and she felt as if needles were prickling her heart one by one.

The toy doll had run off to find the book of spells the mouse king had used. For what seemed to be hours was only minutes when the doll had returned with the book.

Ahiru had walked forward to take a peek of the book out of pure curiosity when Fakir sneered and looked away.

"That's it? True love is it!? All this time, I didn't need that sugar-, sugar plum-, bah! Whatever her name is?!"

Ahiru was left flabbergasted by the news. She looked to Fakir wondering if he could be saved by someone else rather than her. So  she could go home with no fear of the nutcracker being hurt.

The doll had sadly nodded in agreement as Fakir looked away rather upset.. the doll finally found a way for Ahiru to go home! Home..Was she really ready to go home...? Did she want to..

Thump

Ahirus eyes widened when the book dropped and the doll became lifeless! She looked horrified by the sight..she looked up at Fakir as he held her hand and carefully kneeled down, proclaiming to love her....

"Stay with us Ahiru..After all these days and nights of traveling I have learned to love you, and only you! You are their only hope..Stay here! You can live with me and the others and go anywhere you please! You have to..stay.."

Fakir seemed to grow weary as poor Ahirus face was flushed with red not able to process anything! She didn't want to see her prince turn back into a nutcracker..but she had a home..

She was torn. She had to make a decision before it was too late...yet she couldn't decide as she looked hopelessly at the toys and Fakir. They were all turning back to their lifeless selves looking at her with hope...if Ahiru leaves, she will wake up and be home, and if she stays, it's the same thing...She knew there was no way it would work out..Fakir had raised up once more never letting go of her hand as he declared his love..

"I love you, Ahiru.. Please stay.."

Next thing she knew her beloved nutcracker was turning back to his lifeless self.. tears had begun to fall off her cheeks at the scene.

However there was a voice that boomed out in the stale air.

"Ah my little Duck! My, to what a way of ending this story with such grief and betrayal! It's time to come home now, yes? Follow my voice.."

Fakir was now his old, small self..a nutcracker..he was like the rest.. lifeless.. however the man seemed to be near a door and opened it as it was bright white as if a portal..it was the way home! Home..

Ahiru looked back at what she had experienced through the course of this journey...with a broken heart she looked at the door..

"Maybe there is a way to fix this! Uncle Drosslmyer is my only hope to find some way to fix this!"

She smiled weakly at the palace before walking into the bright light.. going home..