Test Flight

After sparing with Ty for a few hours he decided to make all of us go for a run. It's not like were already tired enough from fighting with each other. As we were running for about 20 minutes now and Dave and I were dying behind Ty and Eric. Of course Eric was running next to Ty like he was having the time of his life.

"He runs like he has a stick shoved up his ass," I whispered to Dave.

"Who?" he asked.

"Who do you think!" I said panting.

He laughed and wiped the sweat off his forehead. "This is supposed to get easier right?" He asked.

"Nope," Ty yelled out ahead.

Damn his heightened hearing.

"We will go for another 40 minutes then we will stop for lunch," Ty said.

"Jesus," I muttered as I pushed myself to keep going.

We were finally sitting down in the lunch room eating stir fry and garlic bread. I was so tired that I slammed my head down on the table from exhaustion and moaned from the pain of my body.

"Eat your lunch, we start target practice after," Dave said.

"I don't think I will ever be able to move again," I said.

"Not with that attitude," an unfamiliar voice said.

I looked up and saw a black guy sitting down across from me.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Sorry, my names Gavin," he said while holding out his hand.

I looked at it and slammed my head back down on the table.

"Sorry about Alex's rudeness, she's just very tired and irritable today," Dave said.

"I would advise you not to associate with her," Eric said.

I popped up and said, "Shut up asshole!"

"I'm guessing there's some tension between you two," Gavin said.

"You have no idea," Dave said.

"Well I have no problem, Eric here is just being an ass about everything and cant except that there is a girl rider," I said.

"You don't deserve to be a rider," Eric said.

"And why not? I'm as good as any of you guys!" I yelled standing up.

"You will never be able to handle all of the training that is required for you to have a less chance of getting killed. Face it you will never be able to make it through the war," he said.