Legend of the Dragon Riders

Every one hundred years five guys all over the world are chosen between the ages of 17 and 21 to become dragon riders. They are chosen to rise above the dark five that try to wreak havoc and to destroy anything that is good in the world. The war between the two opposing sides have been fighting for over 5000 years now, but every time the riders are summoned the dark riders get stronger every time. It has been rumored that the last time the war had been erupted the riders were lucky that they were able to beat the dark side. But now that the new generation of riders have been summoned on both sides we might not be able to beat the dark ones, and if we don’t the world that we know will be plunged into darkness.

Third period math class equals death, as usual I was not paying attention and doodling in my note book. When are we ever going to use this crap ever again, most things we learn here I am never going to use again.

“Alexandra, what’s the answer?” Mrs. Short asked me.

“To what?” I asked.

“Please pay attention,” she said.

“Sorry if I don’t care about this shit,” I said slouching back into my chair.

“Go to the office!” she said getting upset.

“Better than being here,” I said gathering up my things.

I could feel everyone’s eyes burning holes in my back as I walked out the door. You could say that I was the tough girl in the school, but you wouldn’t say by the look of me. I had long blonde hair and bright blue green eyes. I was tall for an average 18 year old girl, about 5, 9” and I weighed about 110 pounds so it was hard for some people to take me seriously. But to tell you the truth I didn’t care about what people thought of me. I laid my books in my locker and went down to the office and took a seat on the couch and put my feet up on the coffee table across from me.

“Feet off the table Alexandra,” Mr. Howard said when he came out his office.

The two secretaries glared at me with discus, they knew me pretty well by now.

“Miss. Birch I think it’s time for a little stash trim,” I said while passing her desk.

She gasped and put her hand up to her mouth covering her upper lip.

“Alexandra, in now!” Mr. Howard yelled at me.

I walked into his office and plopped down on his office chair and put my feet up on his desk.

Mr. Howard rolled his eyes and gave me one of his looks. I stood up and sat in a chair that was in front of his desk. He sat down in his chair and looked at me.

“I think you know why you’re here,” he said.