Dark Dreams

We got to the infirmary and quickly took Azura inside. The nurse took her to the back room to patch her up and get her back on her feet again. I looked over at Ty's face and saw the darkness taking over. His lips were in a hard pressed line and he was staring at the floor.

"We don't have long do we?" I asked.

Ty snapped his eyes towards me and shook his head.

"No we don't', we have two to three months at the most," he said.

"How do you know that?" I asked.

"This happened before, only it wasn't as violent as what happened to you. Usually when they send a scout they are almost ready for war. They want to see if we were ready also, to see if they could catch us off guard. Scouts usually don't attack like the way yours did. They like to be sneaky and kill with intelligence not brute strength. Their ready for a war, and the dark riders aren't afraid to let us now," he said.

"So we need to train extra hard," I said. "We need to be ready for whatever they through at us."

"Alex, there is no way that we can beat them, your dragons are not close to being fully grown or to the best of their abilities, and we still don't even have all of our riders yet. We are humorously outmatched," he said.

My jaw tightened and anger rose in me.

"You need to shut up right now." I said furiously. "If you think about us like that then yes we will lose, but if you lose hope in us before the war even begins how are you supposed to expect any of us to believe in ourselves. Sure it might be a hell of a battle but if we work out asses off till we leave for the fight then I think we can at least scrape by."

Ty just looked at me with surprised eyes.

"Yeah, that's right, I can be epically deep," I said.

"Do you truly think this?" he asked.

"Yes," I said.

"Maybe you should be the leader of this group not me," he said.

"Ha! Do you want all of us to die?" I asked.

"For someone so tiny you have a lot of courage," he said.

"For someone who's supposed to be brave you sure are a woos," I said.

Ty just shot a glair at me and then gave me a small smile at me.

"Azura is all fixed up, and I have to say she sure is developing at a rapid rate. Her wound should be healed by the morning," the nurse said coming from the back room with Azura trailing behind.

"Help please my dragon is going to hatch soon," a man said with an Australian accent.