A Fiery Death

“We need to find a safe haven to recover for the night then we move again when daylight breaks.” Ty said.

“I think we should move to the mountains, up high can see everything that will be coming for us,” Eric said as he walked over to Audrey.

“Yes, I second that,” Liam said.

“Yes, the mountains of Ilillith is about 40 kilometres north east of here. I remember a cave that will be great for cover in the narrows of the mountains.

“Perfect lets get moving then,” I said then jumped onto Azura’s back.

When we arrived at the Narrows I didn’t think that Aldric was able to fly through there with his wing spanned. 

“The cave is just behind this turn,” Ty yelled out as he lead us.

 Just around the bend was a waterfall coming down along a cliff. It was massive and rushing down pretty hard. Ty and Aldric flew straight towards it and through it. Erick quickly followed and so did the rest of us. We abruptly landed and walked into the cave a little. It was pitch black but my eyes quickly adjusted taking in the darkness and making everything bright for me. 

Aldric blew a small flame and lit a torch and then then a few more to lighten the area for everyone. 

“Well, this place is convenient,” I said as I looked around.

The ceiling was extremely high and there were tunnels everywhere.

“What i this place?” Gavin asked.

“This was created by the original five as a safe house kind of,” Ty said.

I looked along the walls and saw marking all over them. Scriptures they looked like. All about the wars. The different kind of dragons, all the enemies and the tales of their deaths. I followed the markings down a tunnel, I lit the torches with my hands as I observed and wandered. I came to a dead end but what covered the wall was a drawing of a giant dragon. This marking was the same one that I saw back in the tunnels when I found Zinario’s body. What was this, why do I keep finding this drawing? 

“The great Elemental dragon, each generation hoping that one of the riders would be blessed with this dragon,” Ty said.

I quickly turned around and saw him standing right behind me, so close that I almost banged into him.

“Here’s a blanket, If you take the tunnel across from this one it leads to a hot spring that you can get cleaned up in,” He said.

“Thanks,” I said as I took the blanket from him.

I started to walk down the tunnel when Ty said, “One day this dragon will be born, to someone of great power. It will happen.” 

“One day, just not this generation,” I said then moved forward again.

I found the hot spring and lit it all up. I put my hand in it and felt the amazing temperature. 

“Perfect,” I said.

“You showed great strength in battle today,” Azura said to me.

“It was survival,” I said as I got undressed.

“Still what you did the amount of energy you used was no easy task, don’t think of it as something that should just be shrugged off,” she said as she laid down next to the spring.

“Yes mam,” I said as I got my hands wet and wiped off the dried up blood on her neck.

I then hopped in the spring and stuck my head under the water. The water around me started turning red as the blood washed off. This felt amazing, I haven't had a hot bath in so long. Once Ive done relaxing and getting my energy back I grabbed my bra and underwear, placed them in the water and washed them. I then placed them on the ground and put my hands just above them heating them up so that they will dry quickly.  When they were I got out dried off and put them back on.