The Firebolt Dragon

“I need you to come with us now,” Mr. Louis said grabbing my arm.

“What’s going on? What’s going to happen to me?” I asked still holding the egg.

The whole gym broke out into chatter about me. As I walked by people they stared at me with worry.

“Where are you taking her?” Mr. Howard asked.

“Somewhere safe where we can talk,” Mr. Louis said.

“Come to my office,” Mr. Howard said.

We quickly hurried to his office and I sat down on one of the chairs holding the egg tight to me.

“What is Tiberius going to say when we bring back a girl as one of the chosen riders?” Mr. Louis said.

“Hey! I can do anything a boy can do, and probably better!” I said.

“You just need to not speak right now,” Mr. Louis said to me.

I gave him a dirty look and turned away from him.

“So what’s going to happen to Alexandra?” Mr. Howard asked.

“Well she’s going to go home and tell her parents that she has become a rider, but I doubt you will even last through the year of intensive training,” Mr. Louis said.

I looked back at him and stood up in his face and said, “Are you looking for a punch in the face cause you’re gonna get one soon. And what do you mean a year of intensive training where the hell am I going?”

“I think it’s best if we just take her home and sit down with Alexandra and her parents to explain what is going to happen,” the other man said.

“Yes I suppose your right,” Mr. Louis said.

“What about her school work? She won’t be able to graduate,” Mr. Howard said.

“She will finish school online,” Mr. Louis said.

“We should get going now,” the other man said.

“Yes Alexandra let’s take you home,” Mr. Louis said.

On the way to my house I asked, “So when is this egg supposed to hatch?”

“It can hatch anytime now,” Mr. Louis said. “But I hope that it won’t till we get to Ireland.”

“Ireland! Why are we going there?” I asked.

“That is where the training grounds are set up, you will be living there for the next few years, or at least till the dark riders strike,” he said.