Volume 1, Chapter 2

Luka took in a sharp breath. He'd just witnessed Chat Noir transform back into Adrien. The model's eyes were wide with shock – he'd clearly not intended to reveal himself, and was obviously panicking.

"You cannot tell anyone," The blond whispered, eyes wide. Not unlike a feral cat caught in the bins, "Swear to me."

"I promise" Luka nodded, half stammering in surprise. "I-"

Adrien's breathing grows more panicked, "No you don't understand. If she finds out, I'll have the miraculous taken away. I need it. Without it, I can't look for her." His face turned red, eyes practically watering and breath so rapid that Luka was sure there was no way he was getting enough oxygen.

He places his hand on Adrien's, "Just, breathe."

"Look me in the eyes."

Adrien nods.

"I swear on my life, that I will not tell a soul." Luka takes a breath, "Now go before someone sees you here with me and puts two and two together"

The boy ran off, and Luka waited a moment before stepping out of the alleyway from the other side. Still unable to process the shock, he continued to walk towards the boat. Ladybug had just de-evilised the Akuma in front of him. He looked over at the heroine, and nodded his thanks.

"Have you seen Chat?" she asked.

"He dropped me off over there" Luka gestured vaguely behind, "and had to rush off to detransform."

Ladybug nodded, "It's just, in order for us to undo the damage we need to be together. Repair requires both creation and destruction, you know." She paced back and forth a few steps, "Actually, I'll go look for him" throwing herself up the adjacent building with her yoyo. Luka's pretty sure he heard her muttering to herself, "Stupid Chat, can't ... simple goddamn instructions... loose cannon."

Juleka was sitting by the bank of river, with Luka's ripped composition on the floor before her.

"Jules, you know I can look after myself, right?" the corners of his lips turned upwards slightly.

"I know, but I just" she began.

He placed a finger on her lip, and helped her up with his other hand. "It's okay, I really appreciate all the effort you went to"

~

Chat quietly slipped in through the window of his room, having carefully waited till nobody was walking past until that moment. He had gotten so well practised; he knew the rhythms of the house's camera like the back of his hand. He padded along into his ensuite bathroom.

"Claws in" he whispered, as Plagg flew out of his ring, melting away the Chat Noir attire, "Shit."

Even Plagg, who always had a quip, seemed lost for words. Luka had seen Adrien's identity – he had physically witnessed the detransformation. The miraculous were good at obscuring identities that would normally been obvious, something to do with the ancient magic woven into the masks. Of course, even magic has its limits. If somehow saw the transformation itself, the miraculous would not protect the user.

"You cannot tell Ladybug," The Kwami began conspiratorially, "Nor can you tell Master Fu."

"I-" Adrien's jaw dropped aghast, "We have to tell them, though. This is a major risk. If Luka were akumatised..."

"Listen here," the kwami couldn't walk, but the motion in which floated resembled that of pacing, "You've always been a good kid. Too good if you ask me." The kwami paused. "If they find out, they'll have to take the miraculous away. It's the rules. Neither of us want that to happen, so we're going to have to keep very quiet."