Volume 3, Chapter 3

Luka's face is burning.

He ignores the whispers as he barges out of the cafeteria. He ignores Juleka's call as she attempts to follow him. He ignores the streaks of tears running down his face as he runs into the men's toilets, finding a cubicle to cry in.

Fuck. He's been outted. How did she know? How did she know? Luka had barely figured it out himself. Sure, Juleka had cottoned on, but that's because she's his twin sister. They know each other inside out. But Lila? Juleka would never have told her about it, Luka is one hundred percent sure of that.

Could Adrien have actually said that? Surely not? It was Vincent who invited Luka over right? Right? Except... Adrien and Vincent work together all the time. He could easily have made the request out of pity. It would explain all of Vincent's weird phrasing. This is so humiliating.

His cheeks burn, gut taut and twisting. He feels dirty. He feels filthy and wrong and all that resentment towards his queerness resurfaces in a way that he'd not felt for ages.

There's a creaking noise.

Luka doesn't look up, expecting it to be Juleka.

There's a thud.

As Luka looks up, he realises Chat Noir is now stood on the toilet seat cover, the window taken off it's hinges behind him.

"Um, hey. Are you alright?" He outstretches a hand to tap Luka's shoulder but hesitates, "Is this a bad time? Do you... need space?"

Luka shakes his head. He doesn't trust his voice, not right now. He doesn't need voice breaks in front of the most gorgeous boy in Paris right now.

Tenderly, the blond sits down beside Luka, back against the cubicle door.

Luka snorts, face still reddened, "You know this floor is definitely covered in piss."

"So?"

"To be fair," Luka wipes his face, with a tear tracked smile. "You've got the suit in the piss not your fancy model trousers."

Chat shrugs, before quietly utter, "Claws in."

"Excuse me." Adrien nudges him jokingly, "I will have you know these are Jack Wills cord chinos. They even have piss-stained pleats now."

"Oh, wow." Luka chuckles a little, "Staining your trousers for me? How gentlemanly."

"I know right?" Adrien laughs, the sound like sunshine, "I looked good in them too."

"You did." Luka murmurs.

Adrien takes in a soft breath.

There's a moment. An all too tender moment, that has Luka's chest beating harder than the drums in the middle of a concert. As they look at each other, as stupid as it was, he wishes they could be like that forever. No awkward conversations to be had. Just the two of them, together, happy, on a piss-stained floor in the men's bathroom.

Adrien brushes a strand of hair out of Luka's all too red eyes, "What happened?"

Luka is struck silent with gay panic for a moment too long, and Adrien hesitates, drawing his hand back. "If-if you want to talk about it, that is, obviously." He laughs awkwardly, hand going back to scratch his nape.

"Lila." Luka pauses, looking the boy up and down, "She said, you told her things, you know-" he scratches the cuticle of his thumb, "About me." He looks Adrien in the eye, "Did you, you know, actually tell her something about me?"