Volume 2 - Foreword

Hey Everyone! Aldwyn here.

This Foreword is going to contain an expansion on the lore of this fic, to help understand the timeline/context of this AU.

So, Chapter 1 takes place after the events of Season 3 have finished, with some alterations.

The events of the episodes Heart Hunter and Miracle Queen (the finale of season 3) didn't occur like in the canon timeline. None of the heroes' identities were revealed, and Chloe wasn't akumatised. Ladybug still made the same mistake, which lead to Master Fu's identity as the Guardian being compromised, and thus Hawkmoth attacked him, resulting in the eventual transfer of the Guardianship to Ladybug. Nathalie still acquired a copy of the Spellbook, enabling them to repair the broken peacock miraculous.

There is a retcon to the way that the Ladybug and Chat Noir's powers work. Instead of Ladybug alone using her "Miraculous Ladybugs" to restore the status quo, it is a joint effort of both heroes in order to create the Repair power, since both creation and destruction is involved. This is a type of power referred to as "Connect", wherein two Miraculous Wielders can attempt to sync their intents and powers to enact a more powerful effect. It's similar to Unification, except between two individuals rather than two miraculous, and just like unification, all miraculous are capable of doing it! Unification does still exist in this fic, don't worry!

Additionally, magical charms do not, and will not exist in this fic. Some of the miraculous will be buffed (additional powers/change to existing ones), to make things more interesting and balanced.

Marinette has black hair, and it turns blue when she is transformed as Ladybug.

Alya runs the Ladyblog anonymously. It still contains all the same content, and is a major source of information for the public, but in order to protect her identity from Hawkmoth, she keeps it secret to the public. Only her close friends (Like Nino, Marinette and Adrien) know that she is the Ladyblogger. She has been trying to find out both Hawkmoth and Ladybug/Chat Noir's identities.

Finally, regarding Felix and Lila.

After Ladybug humiliated her for lying about being friends, Lila was not akumatised, but does hold a grudge. She will be relevant later.

Felix has not yet been introduced to the story, and will be in this fic.

From Chapter 2 onwards, I'm going to change from using past tense to present tense! Past tense was the style I wrote the original "On Ice" fic in, but I'd like to experiment with the present tense to give a stronger sense of urgency and dynamics. Let me know how you feel about it, and if you'd rather I changed back to past tense!

Hope this clears things up, and if you have any other questions, please pop them in the comments on this foreword so I can answer in a foreword for one of the later Chapters. I'm hoping to start each Chapter with a Foreword, which doubles as a Q&A for questions from the previous one, so you guys can get clarification on stuff, as well as giving me a short writing break between page posting :D

Updates

Regarding updates, I'm currently aiming to release a page a week, with each page containing somewhere between 1000-3000 words. This may change, depending on the practicality of things, but doing so should allow me to keep a backlog of a few pages so that if I need a week off then there's no problem. The next page will be released in a few days! Thank you so much for your patience, and please vote on this fic if you get the opportunity! It really helps motivate me to keep writing.

Lots of love,

Aldwyn.