Volume 2, Chapter 5

When Luka wakes up groggily, he finds himself a little bit confused, and with a crick in his neck.

You see, he's pretty sure he doesn't have a weighted blanket. Or a heated one for that matter. So, it comes as a great surprise to wake up with a blanket that seems to be doubling as both. It also raises the question of why he fell asleep on the sofa, head at such an awkward angle that he was going to be feeling for the rest of the day.

The answer, was of course, that he had a cat in his lap. Not your normal kind of course - a special, extra-large, extra hairless cat with blond hair on the top. It took his sleepy brain an inordinately long time to realise that this was, in fact, a human being. And a very handsome one at that. Now, Luka has never had a 'cat' (or pretty person) fall asleep on him before, and understandably was panicking. There's a plethora of good reasons, but first and foremost is that he absolutely under no circumstances wants to disturb the 'cat'. From what Juleka has said (he's convinced she's going to grow up to be a lovely lesbian with an army of cats as her children), when a cat decides to trust you enough to fall asleep on them, it is a precious and fleeting moment. If you dare to do anything that disturbs them, it's likely to cut short, and you spend the rest of your life mourning your mistakes.

Now, to Luka, this is a very important 'cat'. Therefore, his teenage brain supplies, the best course of action is to sit very still. Which, Luka does. Perhaps he does it a little too well, because clearly, he's become stiffer, and Adrien grumbles softly. As the panic sets in further, Luka is torn between adjusting his position to make Adrien more comfortable, and the fear of waking him. It turns out that the crippling indecision is in fact a decision in itself, as Adrien slowly rolls over and yawns. He blinks a few times, and his nose twitches and suddenly Luka feels validated in his sleepy brain's cat analogy.

Unfortunately, he doesn't get to enjoy the peaceful view for long, as the 'cat' seems to finally awaken fully, and murmurs a soft, "Oh shit."

Admittedly, not the reaction Luka was hoping for when Adrien wakes up staring him in the face, but to his credit, Luka had said the same when he'd woken up, so no harm no foul.

"What- what time is it?" Adrien bolts up, slightly knocking the tv screen in front, which had gone into power saver mode after they'd evidently passed out halfway through Howl's Moving Castle. As Adrien's eyes trace over his watch, the whites widen further, "Oh I'm so dead."

Only now does the reason for the blonds panic sink into Luka, as the dots begin to connect. "You were supposed to get home before morning."

Adrien brushes the cards to the side the table from their previous game of Split (which Luka won every time, thank you very much), to uncover his phone. As the soft glow of the screen illuminate his face, Adrien purses his lips. "My first commitment is at 10. I can still make it. Claws out!"

A bedraggled looking Plagg is sucked into the ring, as Adrien's (admittedly adorable bedhead) is ruffled further into a wild mane befitting Chat, as the blond pulls the window ajar. He pauses awkwardly, and gives Luka a little wave. "This was uh- really nice."

"Yes!" Luka answers, perhaps a little too quickly, "We should hang out again soon."

"Absolutely!" Chat lands softly on the deck, "I'll ring you!"

Now, Luka is left alone to silence of his thoughts, his far messier room and the lingering scent of Adrien. As he sets to work tidying up blankets and snacks, he snorts at his pristine bed. At least he didn't have to make his bed this morning. Unlike Adrien, Luka isn't a supermodel. It is, however, a school day, and whilst he does have a free period first, he's going to have to get to school soon so he doesn't miss his next period.