Landmark

"Will he be okay?" Yuzuriha asked with worry.

"Yeah," Amelie assured.

"You're not gonna go down that easily in front of Tsukasa, are you, you big oaf?" Senku goaded.

"Of course, I'm not!" Taiju responded as he gained consciousness quickly.

"Huh? You're okay now?" Yuzuriha was astounded.

"I'm built to last. I've got plenty of energy left to spare," he told her.

Amelie chuckled under her breath at the unintended innuendo.

"Thank goodness," Yuzuriha sighed in relief.

"Right! Tsukasa! We need to stop his murdering!" Taiju was ready to charge before Amelie caught him by his belt.

"Wait a sec, Teddy Bear."

"I'm not giving up!"

Senku rolled his eyes and scolded the brute, "How simple-minded can you be?! We just learned that we can't stop him!"

Amelie let his belt go.

"Still..."

"There's only one way to stop him in this stone world. Advance civilization and make weapons of science," Senku said with his iconic smirk.

Senku met Amelie's eyes, they shared a look.

The rebel's face broke into a wide, eager grin, her eyes shining with mischief, "Really?!"

Amelie ran and started to break things inside the laboratory, evil cackle echoing inside the hut.

Senku soon joined her, muttering about this being such a waste.

"What are you doing?" Taiju wondered in surprise.

"We're making it look like Tsukasa freaked us out and made us run off with just our food," Senku answered.

"What are you talking about? Are we running away?" Taiju asked.

"It's only an act. If we make weapons of science before he notices, we win. If he finds out first, we lose. That's the kind of race this is," Senku explained as Amelie packed up their things. "We're going to find the materials to make weapons! Our goal is Hakone!"

Amelie raised a brow as they began their journey, "I have weapons, well, crappy dollar store weapons—but still...Wait, isn't Hakone super far from here?"

"Hey, it's just a huge 80-kilometer adventure, that's all!" Senku said like that wasn't far on foot.

"Two full marathons, huh? Five hours ought to do it!" Taiju estimated with optimism.

Senku and Amelie gave him a deadpanned look.

"For you, maybe," Amelie muttered before looking at nature.

Yuzuriha noticed a cherry blossom that fell, "The cherry blossoms seem different."

The cherry blossoms we know, Prunus yedoensis—which is a hybrid between Prunus speciosa and Prunus subhirtella 'Rosea'—don't self-pollinate," Amelie informed with one of her random facts she knew.

"Which means..."

Senku finished Yuzuriha's thought, "They must have gone extinct right off the bat."

Amelie zones out again until Taiju speaks.

"Man, what a view!" he shouted with joy.

"Perfect," Senku brought out his sextant.

"Huh? What's that, Senku?" Taiju asked.