A Starry Night Full of Tears

"Say, Senku, Amelie..." Ruri's voice behind caused them to turn, "I've known you for a long time. Your names are Ishigami Senku and Harai Amelie."

Neither was surprised and followed her to her hut to talk more, their Kingdom of Science joining them.

Senku's hands were on his hips once they were inside, a smirk sliding onto his face, "Thanks. Everything finally makes sense now," he leaned into Ruri's space, "If everyone on the planet was petrified, who made the first village?"

Amelie's arms were crossed as she bit her lip, "Someone who wasn't on the planet...But we also wondered why you and Kohaku have apparent foreign blood in you."

"All the mysteries are solved," Senku concluded.

Everyone else was entirely confused; Kohaku decided to voice this, "No, sorry...None of it makes sense to me."

They wondered how Senku shared the village's name, and they wondered how Ruri knew about Senku and Amelie.

Senku guessed they came up in the village's mythology. It also answered why the villagers knew of things they'd never seen.

The Hundred Tales.

"The story my mother told me was very powerful and very kind—the hundredth story of the Hundred Tales. Its title is...'Ishigami Senku and Harai Amelie'."

The story begins with a young Senku, a boy who finds interest in anything strange.

Senku loves space but thinks for himself and builds things for himself. He was thoroughly hooked on the fascination of science.

And he decided to help his adopted father, Byakuya, who had another chance to get to space after not passing ten years earlier. So he made a suit with Taiju in the fifth grade.

But Byakuya hid from the boy that it wasn't really useful; it'd just motivated him to work hard so he'd pass. So he could repay Senku.

Byakuya didn't expect to see a girl's shoes next to Senku's when he came home one day.

He also didn't expect what he saw when he peeked through the crack in Senku's door.

A blonde girl spinning a wrench between her fingers as she spoke to Senku.

"You know, you're being stubborn, Senku."

He glared down at a device he was tinkering with, "I can do it myself."

"But you don't know how to do it. You're being stubborn when I can help you," she used the end of the wrench to turn his head and meet his gaze.

"Don't you have your project to work on?"

"Doesn't mean I can't spare any time to show you, at the very least. But you're being a brat about it," she chuckled.

Who was this girl Senku was arguing like an old married couple with?

Senku let out a sigh, "Fine."

The girl smiled, "Fine, then. Let's fix it together."

"What about your stuff, Amelie?"

She waved it off, "I can do that later. I'm going to help my friend first because that's what friends do," she sat closer to him, gently touching his device to not damage it, "So, first, start with this...."

So this was the Amelie Taiju had brought up, and Senku tried to change the topic from, for three years? But why would Senku keep her a secret from Byakuya?