(Extra) Senku Thoughts

A collection of Senku's thoughts on Amelie from the first days to the last chapters. Enjoy some Senku (that admittedly is a little OOC, but whatever). The age/time frame will be mentioned from Pre-Incalculable time, and the chapters will be mentioned for events within the book.

☆*: .。. .。.:*☆☆*: .。. .。.:*☆

The first weeks of Amelie's transfer to Japan:

I can't stand her.

I don't know why, but I just can't.

She scribbles away at her notebook, biting her lip while she thinks of what else to write.

She's annoying. And I tell her that.

"You're annoying."

But she only blinks, "Okay."

She didn't even react. What kind of kid is she?

She never told a teacher about it, or anyone.

But she didn't really seem to have friends, she didn't bother to hang with all the kids who crowded her because she was foreign. One minute she'd be surrounded, by the next, she escaped them and sat in a corner by herself.

She didn't really do much, so why did she get under my skin?

Then I saw that robot in her hands. A robot. Kids our age weren't really doing things like that.

I tried not to take her idea seriously, but it was hard to when I saw that light in her eyes.

Three months after Amelie's transfer to Japan:

It was refreshing.

Someone who understood.

Even adults didn't understand me half the time.

But she did.

When I interacted with kids my age, it was boring, I felt like I was different than them. Not trying to put myself on a pedestal, but it was just the truth.

But with her...

We were equals, she taught me things, I did the same.

It was exhilarating.

Three Years After Amelie's transfer to Japan:

I knew it didn't make sense when she told me she wanted to be a psychologist. She doesn't get into brain talk all that much.

She likes to build things, and create something that leads to something else, she loves being hands-on, and she loves adventure.

'You must go on adventures to find out where you really belong,' she often says that.

Her eyes will light up and her smile will get so wide, it's all you can see.

I like when she's like that the best, she doesn't ever seem that way when she talks about psychology, which is a rarity.

5 years after Amelie's Transfer to Japan:

What the hell is going on?

It's not like she hasn't looked at me before so why....? Why does my stomach feel like it's going to war when we make eye contact? It's ten billion percent like she's holding me captive and I can't get away.

....

I'm getting anxiety just thinking about it.

I don't want to think about it anymore.