07

Chapter 7: Can I Court You?

'Panliligaw'

All I know is that at this point, the man was supposed to ask the girl's consent before courting and pursuing her until she answered. That is the situation as it is and what society has long recognized.

Filipino Culture.

But, how does it apply to both genders?

If you were both boys? Or girls? How?

Maybe it would depend on what the couple would like to do. They could pursue courtship and do anything they wanted, or they could just start dating.

If that comes out as demeaning to Filipino culture, I apologize.

I'm not sure if courting is effective for either gender, but I do know that they may choose whether they want to do it for each other's benefit and express their passionate love.

When you court someone, it is assumed that you desire to marry that person. That's true, I think. You are courting them because you genuinely love them for that reason. For the rest of your life, you can be certain that they will love you back.

Sebastian is courting me.

I'm courting him too.

I love him, and I want this man to be a part of my life.

I think there's nothing wrong with that, he loves me so he's courting me, he wants my answer to be his partner.

He said he would wait.

This man is pouring me with compassion, and I am grateful for it.

I also want to make an effort for him so that he can feel that I'm also into him, want him and love him, which is why I'm courting him.

Is this right? Or disrespectful to other people?

I'm charmed by Sebastian.

Love him as time goes on.

In our society, giving someone a response is quick, and we shouldn't make judgments about them. They are free to decide. It's not their fault if they genuinely did fall for that person. If they want them to be a part of their lives, give them an answer and say 'yes.'

I remembered Sebastian having 'attachment issues,' and because I had that too, I can understand why I was attracted to him so quickly.

There are instances when persons with 'attachment issues' will just make us feel lousy. Being in love with someone so quickly while unsure of their response, what they think of you, or even whether they love you, was much more traumatic, and in the end, you would be a miserable person for all the choices you made.