Lies

"Y-Y/n?!" Akkun stutters awkwardly. "What the heck are you doing here? Where's Takemichi?"

Your fight or flight instinct kicks in, but instead of doing either, you stand there with an equal if not the same shocked expression as them.

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! What the hell do I say?? I'm so screwed right now!

You clear your throat and you scratch your head, "T-Takemichi? Hah! W-Where is that guy again?" You stutter nervously, trying to find words, "Um- he's, u-uh, well..."

"Wait a sec, where are your clothes? Ain't that Takemichi's shirt?" Yamagishi says adjusting his glasses. He suddenly gasps and puts a hand to his mouth. "No fucking way... Are you and Takemichi having an affair?!"

"E-Excuse me?!" You say completely baffled.

AN AFFAIR?! IS THAT WHAT THIS LOOKS LIKE???

"He's right. I recognize that dumb ass design anywhere. That's definitely his shirt," Makoto agrees.

You flinch, "Yes, it is, but-"

"Ah-ha! It's a boyfriend shirt!" Yamagishi accuses. "You ARE having an affair! That's why you were at the hospital last time, weren't you?! I knew it!"

"No! We aren't having a-!"

"An affair?! Seriously?" Takuya interrupts you, "B-But I thought you and Hinata were best friends! Back at the hospital, the two of you seemed close... how could you do this to her?"

"Hinata and I are best friends!" You respond immediately, "Look, I know this looks really bad, but I swear it's nothing like that! There is NO affair!"

"Then what IS going on here?" Makoto says crossing his arms. "Yesterday, Takemichi said it wasn't a good time to come over, and when we called him just before we got here, he still said not to come over. He never turns down an invitation to hang out!"

"That's true! Why else would he say that unless he didn't want to get caught with you?" Akkun speaks up.

This is getting messier and messier!

You try to find any words to say, but you're completely shell-shocked and you can't even utter a sentence. You stare at each of them with wide eyes. You hear a loud slam from the door opening downstairs and Takemichi suddenly bursts through the bedroom door. He first looks at you and then at the guys. He stutters as he assesses your appearance with everyone present.

"Y-You've got guests," you say awkwardly.

"Guys!" Takemichi says frantically. "I told you today wasn't a good day to come by!" He says while standing in front of you to block you from their view.

"Yeah, we can see why," Makoto says motioning to you up and down with his hand.

"So it's true..." Takuya says crestfallen.

Takemichi raises an eyebrow, "Huh?"

"You're having an affair!" Yamagishi concludes again.

"W-What?!" Takemichi says, his face turning a bright red. "No, it's not what it looks like!"

"Only people having affairs say that!" Yamagishi says accusingly.