Taken

Jasmine's POV

My eyes open and I wake up to see I'm in a very comfy bed. Where am I?

I am so confused and I'm panicking. Then the memories hit me. I was trying to break up with Landon but I think he drugged me and took me somewhere?

This is definitely not my room.

I stand up and run to the door, only to find it locked. Sh*t.

I go to the window, locked.

Sh*t, sh*t, sh*t.

What am I supposed to do?

I lay back on the comfy and luxurious bed.
Tears are streaming down my face. I want to go home.

I hear the doorknob rattle and a click. The door opens and I sit upright.

A small girl around my age comes in. She bows, "My Queen, the King is ready to see you. But I must get you ready." I look at her confused.

King? Me, a queen?

"You are mistaken, I am no queen." I reply emotionless. She rolls her eyes, "I'm not here to argue with you. Let's get you dressed. The king will have my head if you're not ready in time." I frown.

"Okay." I agree in defeat. She has a beautiful blue dress in her arms and I strip into my undergarments.

She helps me into the dress and tied the corset tight. With matching blue heels, she nods in approval. "Right this way, my queen." I don't respond and follow her down a couple of hallways. Where-ever I am, this place is huge!

There are many guards standing at each hallway until we made it in front of a set of large doors. Two guards open them to reveal a spacious dining room.

The young girl brings me to my seat, at the head of the table but next to the large chair. She bows and leans up against the wall.

I am seated at the empty table, and my anxiety is through the roof right now. Who am I being dressed up for?

In this moment, I never wanted Trevor so much in my life. Landon is no friend to me.

As I am sitting in my seat, the grand doors open up to reveal Landon. I instantly grow angry at the sight of him and cross my arms.

"Hello, Jas." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Call me Jasmine." I reply bitterly. He walks toward me and sits in a smaller seat besides me. I'm guessing he is not the king the maid spoke of.

"I'm sorry, Jasmine." I ignore him, refusing to look at him. He places him hand on mine and I instantly retracted it, as if my hand touched lava.

"Jasmine, I did this for my king. Please forgive me." I huff at his weak apology.

After a moment of silence, I think Landon finally got the hint that I was in no position to talk to him.

I stare down at my plate aimlessly and bored. Why are we just sitting around here?

I nearly jumped as the grand doors swung open. A tall muscular figure stepped into the dining room. With sandy blonde hair and dark brown eyes, the man radiated off power.

My goosebumps rose as mg body chilled at the sight of this dominant male figure.

The king-as I assume-walked toward me with this large toothy smile on his face. Despite his beauty, his unknown intentions disgust me.

"Thank you, Landon. You found me a pure gem." The king says happily. I gave Landon a pointed look.

The king approaches me and then sniffs me? I flinch at the close proximity of our bodies.

"Ah, I see it as you go unmarked." The king says tracing my face with his finger. I bit my tongue in disgust. I shudder under his touch.

Unmarked?

This king is crazy and whatever cult this is, I want no part of it.

"Speak. Tell me your name." He demands softly as he analyzes me slowly.

I gulp as he rests his hand on my leg. Thank goodness I'm wearing a long ballgown dress.

"Ja-Jasmine." I mumble, hoping he wouldn't hear me. He gives me a wicked smile, "Ah, Jasmine. What a beautiful name." He comments. I arch my eyebrow.

"And who are you?" I question. I didn't think it was possible, but his smile widens at my question.

"King Marcus, my lady." He grabs my hand and lifts it as he begins to give a trail of kisses from the top of my hand to my forearm. I jolt back in shock as a reaction to the discomfort. He squeezes my arm before I get the chance to completely pull away. I'm in awestruck.

"Don't pull away from me." He demands. I nod.

"Why am I here?" I ask King Marcus and he gives me a belly laugh and releases my arm from his grip. I relax a bit, but I still feel tense, as if I'm walking on eggshells.

"You are a treasure in my world. You are worth more than you can imagine." I roll my eyes, "What a romantic." I mumble under my breath sarcastically.

King Marcus raises his hand in a fist and slams the table. I jump as his impulsive action.

"Enough." King Marcus demands and I look at him bug-eyed.

"You are here to me my mate." He says with a smile. I am so freaking confused. I give him a look of confusion.

"Ah, so you have no idea of this world, human. This is classic. I can't believe you have no idea of our kind. Tsk tsk, I am so lucky to find someone so pure for a human as my queen. Unmarked and innocent." He licks his lips. I shudder in disgust and look toward Landon.

"You are a traitor. Take me home, now!" I demand and Landon bows his head as I am ripped to face toward this pathetic 'king' .

"Ah, my sweet Jasmine. You are home." The tears prick my eyes. "Wipe your tears, its time for dinner." King Marcus orders.

I sat emotionless as my plate is served a large portion. There was a huge steak with potatoes and veggies. My favorite. I think sarcastically.

"Eat up." He demands as I am currently poking my large steak with my fork.

How can I eat when my life has just been ripped away from me?

I sigh and take a small bite of my steak. "Good girl." King Marcus says after he devours his whole steak. I didn't give him another glance as I slowly ate. I'm afraid I will be drugged again. Throughout this whole dinner, I am emotionless as I go through the motions of eating.

I miss Trevor. I will probably never see him again.

With that thought, my heart sunk.

But my heart sunk more at the thought of my parents. I haven't seen them in forever and I will probably never will since I am a prisoner here.

I internally sigh. How did I end up here?