Reunion

Jasmine's POV

My eyes open slowly.

Where am I?

I scan the room all the memories of what happened previously come rushing to me.

Trevor Grey transform to a large black wolf and I fainted.

All this new information was mind-boggling that was trying to process what just happened all the drama all the events have been driving me crazy. I can't believe that Landon is a traitor and the infamous Trevor Grey is a king. But not just any king, he is the king of werewolves.

I can't believe how much my life has changed within this past month. I'm just trying to graduate because my life, but it seems it had different plans for me. I know nothing about Trevor Grey at all. I don't know if not knowing anything is a good or bad thing but I feel like Trevor Grey only told me about his brother because of my capture. I wonder what it what happened if I wasn't kidnapped.

How long would he let time pass before telling me he is a werewolf king?

I am scared of what Trevor Gray will do. He told me I was his mate, but I don't entirely understand what that means. Part of me feels like I can trust him, but the other part of me feels when I'm walking on egg shells around. I don't know if it's the sparks I feel when I touch him or my anxiety of the whole situation overall. But right now my emotions are very strong. I am very sad and I just want to go home and see my parents.

A knock interrupts my thoughts, it is Trevor walking in the room. He doesn't look so good, it looks really nervous and upset. But why does he? is it because I fainted? Or is he trying to find a way to tell me he is going to gobble me up for dinner.

I internally laugh at that thought.

"Hello, angel." He greets. "H-hi." I mumble.

"You fainted." He states as if it wasn't obvious.

"Yeah, I'm just trying to process what happened." He nods. "Understandable."

He sits next to me and reaches to grab my
hand. I let him hold it.

"So what happens next? Is Marcus coming for me?" He sighs and his piercing blue eyes are staring into mine.

"I've already mentioned how I told you Marcus is my half brother and we are werewolves." I nod, following along.

"Marcus is jealous of my title, and especially having a mate. Mates are make you and your partner stronger. Marcus was blessed with a human mate-named Serene. But Marcus spiraled out of control. He killed my parents, as we only share the same
father- and his mate." I gasped in shock.

"He killed his... mate? I-I thought you said mates are important?" He nods. "Somehow, he lust for power was stronger than his lust for his mate. It is common but very unheard of. Probably because he is half royalty, he is able to do such things. At the time, our father was in command and I couldn't do anything to save her- as I had no power yet over my brother." He let out a deep breath.

"That's horrible." I mumble, distraught.

"Yeah. My heart always yearned to protect humans, and now I know my purpose. It is because I was blessed with you to be my mate, my queen." I shiver.

"Oh." I state bluntly.

"Yeah, so now I have to kill Marcus. He is has been building an army and trying to overthrow me since the day you were born." I gulp, Since the day I was born?

"Kill him?" I mutter frightenly.

He nods coldly, "Yes, he's killed too many people and turned too many werewolves against me." I nod, understanding.

"When are you to destroy him?" I ask. "Soon, either element of surprise on our end or if he's feeling bold, we will be prepared for his arrival." My stomach drops.

"And you will be protected. Do not fret." I nod again.

"Before I forget, I found your parents." I look at him in shock.

"My parents??" I haven't seen my parents in a month. What does my parents have to with any of this?

"Yes. They were kidnapped by Marcus. Using them as bait to get closer to you."The words made sense.

"Are they ok?" I ask soflty. He nods, "They are ok. Do you want to see them?" I nod. "Yes please!"

We stand up, "Hop on my back?" Trevor says. "Hop on your back?" I question as I hop on his back. "I have werewolf speed to get us there faster. Hold on tight." With that, we zip to a medical wing of the place I am in.

A doctor approaches us with a small smile. "My king, and queen." She bows. "Dr. Annie, we are here to see her parents." She nods, "Of course, follow me. They are in good health. I'd say they are ready to go home tomorrow." I smile.

Dr. Annie opens the open to reveal my parents on hospital beds, side by side.
"Mom! Dad!" I said running toward them. Their eyes darted toward mine and at this point, we all had tears of relief.

"Jasmine! Are you okay?" My father asks, "Yes, but are you okay? You were gone for so long!" Tears brink my mother's eyes, "Yes, we know. But that greedy werewolf wanted us to give you to him!" I bit my lip.

"How is all of this happening right now?" I ask completely baffled. I felt a warm breath blow down my neck. "It's ok. No one will take Jasmine." Trevor reassured.

"Did you not destroy Marcus?" My dad asks. "Not yet." Trevor says.

"Thank you, Trevor for protecting us." My mother says. Trevor gives a small smile. He isn't one to smile often.

"Anything for Jasmine." Trevor says, giving me a loving glance.

"They are just too adorable!" My mother beams. I blush. "You found a good man." My father praises.

A rustle interrupts our conversation and a figure runs in our room, "What do you want?" Trevor asks angrily. Everyone was quiet, waiting for the intruder to answer.

"Marcus is here." Derek states bitterly.

Here comes the fun part...