The 2044 Incident

After Lunch, before Adrian left for retrofitting the Train, Marius asks a question to him.

"Father, would you tell me how did you crash your other Train?"

"Ahh it was January 21, 2044... And it was one of the hovering system that failed." Adrian then tells his story to him

*January 21, 2044*

"Alright, Time Circuits, On!" Adrian speak to Chloe via the Mic.

"Time Set to December 24, 2099!" Chloe said to Adrian

"Alright, we're going to the last Christmas of the 21st Century!" Adrian said.

Little did they know, The Hovering System started to fail.

"Wait... the speed won't pass to... 75MPH... what is happening?" Adrian muttered.

The fourth Hovering wheel set then failed. Even in 2045 their technology have a lifespan. The Train started to go front-up.

"Umm Adrian? What happened?" Chloe said. "Speed's plummeting to 60"

"Everyone, fasten your seatbelts, I'll try to land, Time Travel Aborted, I repeat, Time Travel Aborted!" Adrian said in a serious and panicked tone.

Then the third Hovering wheel failed. The Train is at the level of unrecoverable.

"I can't recover, even the stabilizers won't level the train!" Adrian muttered.

Huey, Valeria, and Chloe is at the First Class Seats as they experiencing about 4Gs. They fastened their belts before the train is at out of control.

Outside View, the Train stalled. It is slowing falling down also as the second Hovering wheel fail.

The Train is heading straight to a Mall near the society.

"Brace for Impact!" Adrian said. The train crashed at the mall, Adrian is Injured, while the others are having light injuries from the crash. The Flux broke again with its glass protector shattered. The Train have many shattered glass but its body recieve light damages, except at the driver's cabin that is crumbled.

Society personnel and Mall personnel aided them back to the Society Clinic. Adrian is at coma for a while. Huey and Valeria talked about what happened and how it is similar to the event back in 2020 where Adrian and Jhoana are also injured for a while. Chloe is beside Adrian, weeping in tear.

"Please don't die Adrian, I'm deeply hurt when you pass away" Chloe said in tears.

*Present Day*

"I don't know what happened after the Train Crashed. I think I was at a state of coma for about 1 week. Maybe Chloe can recall this also" Adrian said.

Marius then hugged Adrian "I was one of the people who carry you back to the Society Clinic. You were Badly injured, but I'm happy that you are in good shape today" He then weep a tear.

Adrian then said to Marius "I may leave you one day, but I promise that I'll be back." The same quote Adrian said to Chloe last 2019.

Adrian then continued "I'll head off to the Depot if you wish to find me. I'll continue retrofitting the Dalian Time Train"

Marius then waved goodbye to Adrian and looked for Chloe, who is at Adrian's Office.

"Mom?" Marius said to Chloe at Adrian's Office.

"Yes my dear?" Chloe approached Marius.

"I know this might shock you but... what happened when you found out Adrian is injured back in 2044?" Marius asked Chloe, she then slowing in tears.

*January 21st, 2044, Continued"

"Chloe, he is still alright." Huey then approached her. She then grabbed Huey.

"Alright? Look at my husband! He's injured! He might undergo a surgery. What happens if he don't survive?" She said while Huey is still grabbed by her.

"It is only an "If". Adrian has a strong body. Unless it is a bullet wound to the heart, I'm sure he can cope with that." Huey said, comforting her. "You know how much he loves you, he wouldn't give up on his life if he'll make you sad or depressed"

"Well, shall we go rest for a while?" Huey continued.

Chloe denied. "If you're asking for a rest, I'll just stay by Adrian"

"As you wish" Huey said.

Huey left Chloe in the Clinic, watching by Adrian until he regain conciousness. He was then rest alongside Vincent and Valeria.

*Present day*

"I'm so lucky he survived." Chloe said "You know... if he died I would save him"

"Well he's your husband and my father." Marius said, hugging Chloe.

They then separated from each other and Marius says goodbye to Chloe "I'll be helping Adrian on the Train!"

"Ohh take care!" Chloe said.

Marius headed to the depot, where he was greeted by Alexa and Adrian

"A-alexa! You're here?" Marius mind confused what Alexa is doing in the depot

"Adrian Invited me. He said that I'll be dating you inside the train!"

"W-w-what???" Marius blushed. His head is at deep red.

Alexa Chuckled. "You really loved me... alright, alright, I'll stop teasing you for a while. What I mean is that I'm here to also help with Adrian applying the Diner Section!"

Marius then grabbed Alexa's arms. "It's fine... don't be shy to... date me, but yeah let's start by adding the diner section of the Train"

Adrian prepared the Materials. It have 4 High-class seats, custom-made for the Dalian Time Train, 2 Tables with specifications for the Dalian Time Train, a sink and cupboard, and an Induction Stove. Even the Diner is living by the standards of 2040s.

"Still the fact How Adrian apply a sink to both his Tatra Time Train and the Dalian Time Train" Marius chuckled.

"Physics." Adrian answered. "And some simple Lineup of an external pipe for both input and output of the water."

After they put the diner section inside the train. Adrian cook dessert in the induction stove for some snacks.

"Corn and Carrots, your favorite!"

"Thanks!" Marius and Alexa thanked Adrian.

"Alright, you two rest for a while, I'll rewire some circuits in preparation for the Hover Conversion"

Adrian left the train for a while. Marius and Alexa talked to each other

"Do you know, I've been planning to recite some poem to you Alexa" Marius said.

"Ohh what is it about?" Alexa said.

"About a special someone." Marius said in a more cute tone.

"Tell me, please!" Alexa excitedly said.

***

In a distant moonlight,
Love is like a bitter fight.
Yet one is so determined to her,
Just for them to be together.

From afar or up close,
It was his standard dose.
Of seeing her face, and her stunning eyes
He love it so much, no surprise.

He misses her so much
She may love him back, as such.
But fate is still to be made,
He was shy to confess, and afraid.

***

"Oh yeah that isn't finished yet." Marius said to Alexa. She is still amazed by the Poem

"Whether incomplete or not, that is so Beautiful!" Alexa said, hugging Marius.