A Presence

Everyone was a bit jumpy after the attack on the Jedi Temple and Chancellor Palpatine's kidnapping, but there wasn't much anyone could do about it. The Jedi were doing all they could to locate the Chancellor, but since they had no idea who the mysterious Sith Lord who captured him was, there wasn't much to go on.

Anakin Skywalker was walking down the halls of the Jedi Temple when a familiar Gungan jumped out in front of him.

"Jar Jar! What are you doing here?" There had always been something strange about the Gungan that no one could quite place.

"Messa want to show ya something!" Jar Jar motioned for Anakin to follow him in the other direction.

"Wait! Where are you going?" Jar Jar said nothing more, so Anakin chose to follow him. "Does it have to do with blowing up rubber chickens? If so, I am in!" he said enthusiastically.

Jar Jar grinned to himself. Skywalker had no idea the part he was about to play in his master plan.

***

When Jar Jar had said he had something to show Anakin, he had not expected to board a starship and travel hundreds of lightyears away to a planet in the Outer Rim full of grass.

"What even is this place?" Anakin asked.

Jar Jar shrugged. "Messa not know!" Then he took off running in the other direction, leaving Anakin with no choice but to follow him.

They ran for a good half hour, and after a small juice break, they were on their feet again.

Jar Jar kept saying random things, but not once did he reveal where he was going. Anakin was interested, however. Once, Jar Jar Binks had led him to an entire room filled with rotisserie chickens, which had led to a lot of fun and trouble later on.

"Where are we-" Anakin stopped suddenly when he felt an unusual yet familiar presence surround him.

"Why yousa stop?" Jar Jar asked as he too froze in place.

"I...feel something." Just then, Anakin turned around and saw a gigantic grey wolf staring right at him. Anakin screamed like a baby before backing up a few steps.

The wolf did not seem aggressive. In fact, he almost seemed friendly. He came forward and sniffed Anakin, then motioned for him to jump on his back. Anakin hesitated at first, then shrugged.

"Miss an opportunity to ride on the back of a giant wolf? I don't think so." Then, he jumped on. Before he could urge Jar Jar to do the same, the wolf took off at a fast pace.

It was incredible. The wolf seemed to run as fast as a land speeder over the endless grass lands. The wolf continued to run for several miles before they reached a barren area of land.

Anakin slid off the wolf's back, then stopped to look around. "Hey, there's nothing here," he remarked.

The wolf only looked at him. Anakin stood there for several seconds, trying to see if there was anything he had missed. Again, he felt something. It was a presense....

"There's not something in front of us, but below!" he exclaimed. Anakin closed his eyes and focused as he called upon the force.

Deep in the heart of the planet, he could feel something. He kept reaching for it until he could finally touch it. Then, he pulled it upwards, closer and closer to the surface. A ginormous and all but forgotten Jedi Temple rose from the ground, towering high in the sky.