Allies Part 1

"Hey Snips, I have to admit, this was a pretty clever idea," Anakin said.

"I'm just full of 'em, aren't I?" Ahsoka replied with a grin.

The Jedi had called in reinforcements to the portal to the world between worlds, so they would be ready if and when Melkor returned.

"I still don't understand why he left," Obi-Wan began. "Surely he could've overpowered us with ease."

Thrawn looked at him. "Darth Melkor seeks to dominate the realities as easily as possible. We are currently the only threat standing against him, and even then, we are not much of a barrier. He will no doubt harness the power of the segway to defeat us with ease."

"The segway again?" Shaak Ti asked.

"Everything always leads back to that thing," Adi Gallia remarked.

"Very powerful, the segway is," Yoda said.

Thrawn nodded in agreement. "It will not be easy to stop, but it is possible if our plan works."

"Speaking of plans, do we, uh, even have one?" Rex asked. He was still having trouble wrapping his head around everything that was happening.

The other members of the 501st were staring at the portal in awe. Hardcase stuck his head through, and Jesse and Fives quickly pulled him back.

"What did you see?" they asked eagerly.

Hardcase looked at them with wide eyes. "Ewoks dominating the world and a Sith Lord killing his brother with a hot dog," he remarked.

"Awesome!" Fives said.

"Boys!" Rex warned before they had a chance to stick their heads through the portal.

"So far, the only plan we have is to storm Darth Melkor's castle, with as much help as we can get," Mace Windu said.

"Speaking of that, are we ready to try and use this thing?" Ahsoka asked.

Thrawn shook his head. "I have made this dial so we can use it to choose which reality we are looking at."

"Who cares. There's an infinite amount of 'em, aren't there?" Vos asked.

"We just don't want to find one where you turned to the Darkside," Aayla told him. "You're the kind of Sith Lord that probably never wears shoes."

"Bold of you to assume I ever wear shoes," Vos said with a grin.

"Okay, let's do this," Obi-Wan said.

Thrawn handed the dial over to Anakin. "Since you were the one who was able to open the portal, it must mean you have a special connection to it."

"Let the force guide you," Obi-Wan said.

Anakin nodded his head, then took a deep breath. "Okay, let's start with future me somewhere." The portal started to spin, and Anakin saw a terrifying sight.

It was a dark lord of the Sith. His armor was pitch black, and his mask sent fear into the hearts of his enemies. But the most frighting part of all was the sound of his breath. As if it was death itself.

"What?" Anakin asked. What was the portal showing him?

"Darth Vader," Thrawn said. "I know him, in the reality I am from. A feared Sith of the Empire."

Anakin gasped in shock. "He's...me." He could feel it. The same presence. It was him. Yet, there was something different. He could feel a great sadness dwelling deep in his heart. There was also a burning everlasting anger present.

"No Master. It's only one of many versions of you," Ahsoka reminded him.

"The future isn't set in stone," Rex said.