Prologue

The skies were gray and everything was cloudy today marked the first anniversary of when Everest and her friends had defeated the shadow mon...It hadn't all been a glorious time. Mystic died, Coral died, Firestorm died, and Angel died... there was one mon who had nearly escaped death's clutches; her name is Clarisse, Clarisse the shiny vulpix. But today was a special day not because of the past but because of what the future would bring. Inside the guild everyone was rushing around. Today was the day Everest would give birth to her first child. Eevee and friends Town became a plentiful place for all not just eeveelutions. "Sonny quit peeking!" Wisp called shutting the hospital door. Sonny excitedly waited for Wisp's "ok" before going into the hospital ward to see his wife and his new egg who would soon become a member of the family. A 'ding' caught his attention and he trotted over to the door. "Surprise!" Rosabelle said happily hugging him. Phoenix smiled "Yeah I can only assume we're early but Rosie wouldn't have it any other way". Phoenix and Rosabelle trotted inside and behind them came an eevee; their daughter. "Oh my goodness your egg hatched!" Sonny said, staring down at the little eevee. "Yep we wanted to surprise you when we got here her name is Pixie (Rosabelle named her after Trixie)" Phoenix laughed. Sonny smiled "Well Everest should be ready for visitors now". Before he could lead them down the hall Moonspark arrived at the door with Twilight cradling an egg. "Hey! I heard Everest went into labor last night like we heard her from our house. She was really loud" Moonspark laughed. "Oh wow is this your egg?" Sonny said, getting closer to Twilight's yellow and purple egg. "Sure is I'm so excited for her (or him) to hatch" Twilight purred. Behind Twilight was Starshine and Aztec "Your eggs haven't hatched yet?" Sonny asked them. "Oh no not yet Frost offered to watch them while we visited the new parents" Starshine replied. "Where's Angel's daughter? Did she hatch yet?" Aztec asked. "Oh Clarisse yeah she's upstairs she doesn't like crowds" Sonny forced a smile. "Poor girl I feel bad for her" Twilight frowned. "Everest loves her like her own but she doesn't see it that way" Sonny frowned. "Anyway, speaking of Everest, let's go see her," Rosabelle offered. Sonny smiled, "Sure thing". Wisp opened the door "Oh my there's a lot of mons waiting for you Everest". "Let them in," Everest said from the room. Everyone slowly crept up to her hospital bed and saw her sitting around a nest with a brown and white patterned egg in it. "I can't wait for your egg to hatch," Rosabelle cooed. Everest stood up "Oh my arceus is this your daughter!". "Yep sure is her name's Pixie," Phoenix smiled. "Oh wow when did she hatch!" Everest smiled. "Yesterday actually we wanted to surprise you," Rosabelle smiled.

    A few weeks had gone by and today was the day Everest's egg had begun to hatch. "Sonny, it's hatching!" Everest called excitedly. Sonny smiled "I'm coming". White paws slowly tiptoed down the guild stairs and followed Sonny into the nursery. "Clarisse I'm so glad you could make it down, you get to see him hatch" Everest smiled at the vulpix. Clarisse didn't say anything; she just sat down and watched the brown and white egg. Everest frowned and looked at Sonny "What are we doing wrong". Sonny gave her a reassuring smile and put his head against hers. At that moment the egg gave way and a small silver bundle of fur fell out of the shell. Everest gasped "He's shiny!". Sonny shook his head in disbelief "I guess my dad's genes carried onto him". "What's his name?" Clarisse whispered, staring at the little eevee. "Orion" Everest replied, staring in awe at her son. At that moment Rosabelle, Phoenix, Pixie, Moonspark, Twilight, their daughter a purrloin, Starshine, Aztec, and two squabbling eevee's came in. "Sis did your egg hatch?" Rosabelle asked. "He sure did, Wisp is doing a checkup on him at the moment" Everest replied. "Hi Twilight, Moonspark, is this your daughter?" Sonny stared at the purrloin. "Isn't she beautiful? Her name's Regina" Twilight purred. Moonspark nodded "She's just as pretty as you are Twi, It's a good thing Eclipse and Dusk are helping us take care of her it's not exactly a two mon job". Regina skipped over to Everest. Everest looked down at the purple purrloin wearing a bright red ribbon around her neck. "Hi Regina, you sure are adorable" Everest smiled. Regina purred "I think you meant to say pretty in that case I accept your compliment". Everest looked at Twilight but Twilight just smiled. Everest trotted over to Starshine and Aztec. "What are your eevee's names?" Everest asked. "Lux is the shiny eevee and Lana is the normal eevee" Starshine replied. Suddenly Wisp came rushing out of the hospital ward. "What's wrong?" Sonny asked his sister. "Its Orion his genetics are really weird" Wisp panted. "What do you mean?" Everest asked. "He can't evolve" Wisp managed to say.