Chapter 5 - I'm Fine

Clarisse was annoyed, not even Z could change her mood at this point. And the fact that he didn't agree with her about her aunt and uncle being the worst mons on the planet. Ugh everything was just frustrating right now she couldn't bear being here but then again where else would she go? Clarisse shook her head she wasn't going anywhere she knew that for a fact. As much as she pushed everyone away there was always that part of her that longed for love, and passion, the part of her that didn't want to feel lonely anymore what she really wanted was for... Her thoughts were cut off by the sound of dark mons off in the distance, most likely just Regina or Twilight, maybe even Moonspark or Dusk. She stared out the window hoping to catch a glimpse of the mon making the noise. Instead she saw a cat-like creature at the town's front gates. Looked like some sort of persian from what she saw. He or she stalked up to Blizzard's nest before making the discovery a legendary lived here. The mystery persian shook his or her head before coming into town and looking around. At this point Clarisse wondered if the mon was a thief. She watched from the window; which coincidentally was positioned perfectly so she could see outside. But the cat-like mon stopped in front of somemon in front of him or her. Clarisse heard the growl from where she sat. Without thinking she trotted downstairs as silently as she could and bolted out the front door. Hiding behind a nearby house she was able to perfectly see the two mons. Twilight the shiny liepard was circling the mon she realized was an alolan persian. Both growls lit up the already blunt night. Clarisse tilted her head to see if she could hear anything they were saying to one another. "I don't know who you are but go back to the Dark Forest you don't belong here" Twilight growled. "I'm simply asking for a place to stay and such a beautiful lady as yourself should be able to point out something" The persian growled back. Clarisse could now tell this alolan persian was a "he" that's for sure. "Then why were you sneaking around at night?" Twilight answered. Clarisse gave an invisible nod. To be fair Twilight did have a point what did this mystery persian want at night when normal mons were sleeping. "What's going on out here?" a familiar voice said from behind her. "Oh shit" Clarisse muttered. She recognized that voice as Opal who must've heard the growls from Obsidian's home which was rather close by. Thankfully Opal didn't notice her and walked right past without a word. 'Apparently ghost types like to stay awake at night too' Clarisse rolled her eyes. "Well you see this persian came into town and I didn't know what his intentions were" Twilight was quick to answer. "What's your name? And what's your purpose?" Opal gave a small grin. "I didn't mean anyone harm but I was here on a very simple task I came to find my sister" the persian answered. "You didn't answer the first question, what's your name?" Opal persisted. "Shade," the Persian replied. Twilight stepped back "And what's your purpose with your sister what do you intend?". "I intend to make our relationship better and fix old scars...Her name's Twilight I was wondering if she lived here" Shade responded. "She does live here but how do you know she wants anything to do with you" Twilight commented, now facing away from him. "I don't know that for sure but I brought a gift basket" Shade offered a smile. He grabbed a basket in his teeth full of things a dark type would like. Twilight perked up "You never asked for my name" she purred. "Well I suppose you're going to tell me?" Shade frowned. "Twilight" she replied and with that she grabbed the basket, turned tail and bounded away. Shade shook his head "Wow that's Twi for sure, By the way what's your name?" He turned towards Opal. "Opal" she smiled back playfully. "That's pretty you wanna hang out sometime when y'know I'm not trying to fix broken family relationships" Shade offered. "Sure thing" Opal gave a small smile and walked back to her house. "I would hate to intrude but I don't exactly have a place to stay" Shade started. "Sure you can hang at my daddy's place" Opal finished his sentence for him. Shade smiled "Thanks where to?". Opal motioned for him to follow her. She turned to Clarisse "What didn't think a ghost type would notice you? I suggest you get home before sunrise" Opal winked and trotted off. Clarisse frowned; did she really have to be so sneaky.