Chapter 6 - Lies

Silence was heard in the guild as everyone began to stare at Clarisse. A low growl formed in her throat as she realized her mistake. "You're sorry?" Everest started. "No I didn't mean that at all! I fucking hate everyone here I will never be sorry because I'm not taking anything for granted! I won't apologize because there's no need for me to! Ugh just stay the fuck away from me! I hate you all!" Clarisse screamed and ran through the front door. Orion frowned and trotted over to Luna. He took her paw in his and stared at her. Luna paused and looked in his eyes. *sigh* "Luna I don't know who you are or anything about you but I know I love you" Orion's face was bright red now. Luna gasped "Y- you love me". "I do and don't you ever forget it" Orion smiled, his cheeks still flushed. "I've always wanted someone to love" Luna smiled and threw her arms around him. Everest and Sonny smiled at one another. "They remind me of us," Everest blushed. "They do don't they" Sonny smiled and kissed her. "I hope Clarisse is alright I really hope that she'll come back" Everest frowned. "Oh I'm sure she's just overreacting" Sonny rolled his eyes. "I'm really worried about her Sonny. She's been through a lot and I can't stand it" Everest shook her head. "Oh relax she doesn't even know what she's been through" Sonny growled. "Sonny I'm serious she only acts this way because her emotions get the best of her" Everest turned her back to him. "Eve I-" Sonny started and shook his head. Everest began to walk away from him but groaned. Sonny started to walk towards her but she shook her head. "Sonny, I love her even if she doesn't appreciate me. I think she's like a daughter to me...I need her to be alright" Everest frowned and leaned against him. Sonny sighed and sat down next to her "I'll try to be a little less angry towards her". "Thank you that's all I wanted to hear" Everest smiled and rubbed her head against his. Clarisse ran through town not caring about anything else, something was wrong with her. All of a sudden she was speaking her deepest thoughts and admitting stuff she didn't want to admit. Tears streamed down her face as she tried but failed to calm herself. "I don't care about anyone except mom and dad that's all I don't love anyone" Clarisse sobbed trying to get herself to accept that fact. Her brain however kept reminding her over and over again she did care. "I don't care about them!" she screamed. She ran further into the woods sobbing not being able to tell where she was. Suddenly she was in the paws of a familiar yellow muzzle. He stroked her and whispered to her. She didn't hear what he was saying, probably just some comforting shit. She shook her head and tried to wiggle out of his reach but her body wouldn't let her. The comfort she was craving was finally given to her. "It's alright love you don't have to be alone" Zahavi's soft voice said to her. "B- but I do no one cares for me or likes me. I don't care about anyone either" Clarisse's voice stuttered. Suddenly she realized the position she was in. She hurriedly shook him off and growled. "Get the fuck away from me I'm not in the mood for comforting shit right now". "Woah love calm down no need to get so spicy so quickly" Zahavi stepped back. "I said shut the fuck up I don't care about you or anyone else stay away from me" Clarisse growled and bared her teeth. "Then be alone. I don't care your just pushing everyone you do care about away everyone just wants to help you but you don't see it that way" Zahavi frowned and shook his head. "No one wants to help me, no one so why don't you just stop acting like you care" She growled and ran back the way she'd come. In the corner of her eye she saw Zahavi's face fall and he trotted the opposite direction. She stood in the front of Eevee and Friends Town staring at the gate in front of her. "Is there anything wrong Clarisse?" Blizzard the articuno asked her. "It's nothing just don't ask" Clarisse growled and shook her head. "But something is bugging you...I think you should let go of the past" Blizzard offered. "I don't care if you're a legendary quit talking to me, I don't need comfort," Clarisse muttered. She growled and trotted off. She found herself in front of a familiar house this was where Lux and Lana lived. She looked around and cocked her head. Inside she could hear the distant yells.

Odd it seemed they were always arguing Clarisse had never asked why but now she was quite curious. Lux walked outside of the house, his fur ablaze. "Hey Clarisse, what brings you here?" he asked, spotting her. "Oh I just kinda showed up I don't know what's gotten into me lately" Clarisse frowned. "Oh well I would love to hang out but y'know Lana is kinda getting on my nerves" Lux growled. "What's wrong this time?" Clarisse asked not because she was interested but because she needed something to take her mind off everything. "We were arguing about our types again..." Lux rolled his eyes. "I never asked how you two evolved anyway" Clarisse laid down in the grass. "Oh well we evolved during an accident" Lux muttered. "What happened?" Clarisse persisted. *sigh* "I guess I'll tell you," Lux sighed.

Flashback:

"Happy birthday you two!" Aztec said, walking into the room. Lux and Lana smiled at one another and happily sat on the carpet. "We have a special gift that you two have been waiting on for a while" Starshine smiled. Both eevee's looked at one another and giggled. Starshine walked into the room carrying two gift boxes. Both looked similar but had something different inside. "Evolution stones!" Lana excitedly laughed. "I can't wait, I'm going to be the best vaporeon ever!" Lux cheered. "And I'm going to be the best flareon ever. I'm so excited!" Lana smiled widely. "I bet you two will be now here are your gifts make sure to be careful we don't know which ones are which...Aztec wrapped them similarly" Starshine started. "Yes momma" Lana chirped. Lux gave a small nod and impatiently waited for the boxes. Starshine carried them with her feelers and set them on the ground. "Now remember once you touch them you won't be able to change back so be careful" Aztec reminded them. Both children nodded but were focused more on the boxes. Impatiently wiggling and trying to get a hold of each gift. "Ok now you can carefully open them and touch the stones" Starshine smiled. Both children eagerly grabbed each box and shoved their paws inside. A bright flash of sparkles made their parents smile. Both children smiled too until the sparkles wore off- "I'm a fish!" Lana shrieked. "No no no I can't be a ball of fire this is ridiculous!" Lux complained. Both parents looked at one another. "Why is my fur so hot!" Lux groaned. "I'm hideous!" Lana cried. "Don't worry you two look great you just need to get used to it-" Aztec managed a smile. "I'm supposed to be a vaporeon not this ugly flareon I wanted to be shiny as a vaporeon now look at me I don't look much different than the original flareon at all!" Lux complained once more. "What am I supposed to do with this tail?" Lana tried to get up but it resulted in her tripping over her long tail. Lux panted "Why am I so hot?". "Why am I so wet? This is disgusting!" Lana yelled. "Now children it's ok we didn't mean to mix up the boxes but then again you might as well have done this to yourselves... I mean we told you to be careful" Starshine shook his head. Both children looked at one another and growled. "Why did you steal my stone?" Lux growled. "I didn't want your stupid stone you stole mine!" Lana growled back. The years progressed and their fighting just got worse. Every time they argued one of them would lash out at the other one causing a lot of trouble in the household.

Lux walked inside one evening and found his sister lying on the couch. "Ugh why are you taking up the whole couch?" Lux grumbled and walked over to his sister. Lana growled at him but didn't say anything. Starshine walked into the room and stared at her. "Lana are you ok?" Starshine asked. "I'm fine," Lana shook her head. Lux grumbled at how much more everyone paid attention to Lana. Ever since she became a vaporeon she refused to wet her body causing her to be dehydrated quite frequently. Aztec walked back in with Frost. "Hun you're going to have to get in the water or else you're going to cause your body a lot of problems" Frost frowned. Lana groaned and trotted upstairs she laid in the bathtub and complained. "Why did I have to get stuck with this stupid fish evolution" she grumbled. Lux looked at her. "You're lucky you aren't hot 24/7. I can't even be outside for too long before it gets way too hot" he growled. "Well you're not the one who has to soak in water every day just to keep hydrated. I hate my evolution" she growled back. "So do I, I can't even go in the water anymore without feeling awful afterwards" Lux grumbled and sat on the rug.

Back to reality:

Clarisse yawned had she been asleep maybe she should've been paying more attention to what Lux had said. She looked up and saw Lux and Lana outside growling at one another once more. After she heard the story she knew why they were always mad at one another; they were looking for someone to blame. And who better than each other... Clarisse groaned and got back up "Do you two wanna come to the pond with me later I'm kinda bored" Clarisse lied. The only reason she wanted to go far away from the guild was self explanatory. She didn't want to talk to Orion, or even worse Everest. She was annoyed and only taking her mind off the subject would help. Clarisse thought that pushing her feelings back would help her feel better though she was just like a balloon waiting to pop. Still Lux and Lana had accepted and now they were off to the pond.