Chapter 1 - Team Misfits

15 years later

Clarisse trotted down the stairs and went to have breakfast. On her way down she noticed one of the picture frames on the walls; it had a smiling alolan ninetales curled around a nest with a blue and white egg inside. Next to the nest was a normal ninetales with a proud smile on his face. The plaque underneath it read: 'Angel, Firestorm and their future child'. Clarisse's eyes filled with tears as she longed for her parents to still be alive; they had never even met her... Everest interrupted her "Hey Clarisse you ok?". "I'm fine" Clarisse mumbled before running downstairs. Everest frowned. Clarisse trotted down the hall to another room and knocked on the door "Hey Orion you in there?". "Huh? Oh yeah come in Clarisse" Orion's voice answered. Clarisse pushed open the door and saw the shiny eevee with a textbook that read: 'Eevee's genetics the full truth of eevee's odd genetic makeup'. Orion managed a smile "So what do I owe the pleasure of being visited by Team Misfits leader?" he asked her. "No reason just wanted to get everyone together" Clarisse replied. Orion nodded and pushed his team badge that lit up and sent a signal out. Clarisse motioned for him to follow her and they walked outside. Like clockwork a sylveon came out from the bushes. "What's up Pixie?" Orion smiled. "Ugh why did you drag me out here anyway?" Pixie said, obviously annoyed. But Pixie was always annoyed at everyone. A liepard daintily trotted up to them with a bright red ribbon still fastened around her neck. "Hey Regina nice to see you" Orion looked at her. "Isn't it always nice to see me?" Regina purred and gave a small laugh. And finally a shiny flareon and a normal vaporeon found their way to the clearing. "Lux, Lana nice to see you two" Orion smiled. "Hey dude good to see ya as well" Lux replied. Lana sat uncomfortably, "Did we have to have a meeting by the river" she groaned. "Sorry Lana, you know this is our meeting spot" Orion frowned. "That's because you let Lux decide where it is," Lana complained. "Ah yeah!" Lux smiled and jumped into the river. It was odd to see a flareon so happy to see water but everyone was used to it. Lana groaned once more and curled up in the grass. Clarisse smiled at her friend's antics. "So Clarisse you have another breakdown about your parents or what seems to be the only reason we ever have meetings" Pixie shrugged. Clarisse growled "You know I really would prefer if you shut up about it you're supposed to be a sylveon after all y'know the sweetest eevee evolution". "Unless you tell us why you hate your aunt and uncle so much I can be as rude as I want bitch" Pixie growled back. "That's enough!" Clarisse leapt at her and tackled Pixie. Pixie tried to shove her off but Clarisse didn't budge. "Guess you are pretty stubborn huh?" Pixie growled. "I said shut up!" Clarisse screamed. Pixie dusted herself off and stepped back everyone knew to leave Clarisse alone when she was acting like this. Regina laid in the grass, her tail twitching "Well that was fun to watch" she purred. Orion gasped "Hey Clarisse you ok?". "Just leave me alone" Clarisse growled once more before running off. Orion heaved a deep sigh this kept getting more and more complicated. He stared at Lux and Lana as usual Lux kept bugging his sister. Lux splashed his sister and immediately the sensitive vaporeon began to whine. "Cut it out Lux you know I don't like getting wet" she cried. "Oh c'mon you're a vaporeon, how can you not like a little water?" Lux teased splashing her once more. Lana cried harder "I said stop!" like always Lux was in for a surprise.

*Lana used aqua tail (super effective)*

Lux shook himself dry "Geez Lana you really have to be such a cry baby all the time?". Lana continued to whine but Orion came over to the two. "C'mon you two quit fighting please Lana it's alright water doesn't affect you". Lana huffed and wiped the tears off of her face before laying back down in the grass. Lux turned away and shook off the water from his fur. "Lux!" Lana squealed from the water droplets. Lux groaned and stood next to her. The heat from his fur warmed her up so she was dry. "Y'know it's not healthy for a vaporeon to never touch water right your gonna get all dried out" Lux frowned. "I am not, besides I never wanted to evolve into this ugly fish anyway" Lana complained. "You're lucky you can evolve at all" Orion frowned and fell into a mess of fur in the grass. Lana stopped pouting and walked over to him "It's ok I think you're cute as an eevee" she smiled. "Yeah dude it's super cool you get to stay an eevee" Lux managed a smile. Regina licked her paw "Besides you don't look that bad". "And you're lucky you aren't like the rest of us who accidentally evolved" Pixie frowned. "Thanks guys with friends as good as you all, how could I be sad" Orion smiled. Clarisse ran back to Ninetale's guild with tears streaming down her face. "Clarisse what's wrong?" Everest asked. Like always Clarisse sped past her "Shut up I don't want comfort" Clarisse cried. Everest frowned. Sonny put a paw on her shoulder "It's ok Eve she just doesn't know she needs us yet". Everest smiled and hugged him "I need you". Sonny blushed and walked off. Clarisse ran upstairs and unlocked a door on the top floor. The door read; Leader's Quarters current leader: Angel, current co-leader Firestorm. Everest had been too sad to take down the sign so she had kept it and this was where Clarisse spent the majority of her time sitting on the rug below her mother's desk. Sometimes Clarisse felt her parents were watching over her each time she came in. The pictures on the walls displayed the happy couple in different positions. The first frame had a picture of Angel cutting a ribbon that signified Ninetale's guild was under new ownership. And the next was Angel and Firestorm's wedding day Angel looked so happy in her beautiful white and pink dress. The last one was an unsuspecting Angel working while Firestorm snuck her a kiss at night. The pictures made Clarisse cry harder even though she'd seen them more than a thousand times. A knock on the door made her jump "Go away I'm not in here" she growled wiping away tears. "It's me, Orion Clarisse, I wanted to talk to you..." Clarisse rubbed her face till the tear stains went away and walked out the door. "What is it Orion?". His face lit up "I'm about to try experiment 5 of project Eevolve want to join me?" Orion smiled, putting goggles over his eyes. "What are you trying to evolve into this time?" Clarisse asked. "Let's see I've tried Flareon (failed), Vaporeon (failed), Jolteon (failed), and Espeon (also failed). I'm at Umbreon by now" Orion finished. "What factors did you change?" Clarisse replied. "Since it's night time I figured it'd be easier this way after all Moonspark said he evolved under the full moon I've been waiting for 2 weeks" Orion said excitedly. "Well at least you aren't trying to light yourself on fire" Clarisse teased. "That was different, I'm sure this will work!" Orion replied. Everest trotted upstairs "Orion what have I told you about doing dangerous things just to try to evolve I'm worried about you". "I'm sorry mom but I have to try if I don't try I'll never know right? Besides all I'm doing is going outside at night, nothing dangerous" Orion gave her a reassuring smile. Everest frowned "What did I do to deserve these children arceus". Orion frowned and hugged his mom "Don't worry it's not your fault if anything I blame myself". Everest smiled and hugged him "Don't ever blame yourself I love you and be careful...Both of you" she added. Clarisse rolled her eyes and walked downstairs.