Chapter 4 - Black and White

*Sigh* "Why am I suddenly invited back here so easily?" Clarisse growled. "Because Everest wants you back, if it were up to me you'd never come back" Sonny growled and bared his teeth as she came inside. "Don't ever think of hurting my wife ever again or else blood will be shed and I won't hesitate to attack you" Sonny growled. Clarisse was scared but she didn't show it on her face. "Why is Obsidian at the banquet table?" Clarisse asked. "Because his daughter came into town to surprise him, so me and Everest set up a surprise dinner for the two of them... Don't even think about going anywhere" Sonny replied. Clarisse groaned and stood in the hallway. Wisp walked past her but not before giving Clarisse a dirty look. "Does everyone hate me now?" Clarisse muttered. Orion walked out of his room wearing a black bow tie that had belonged to his father. "Hey Clarisse, your back" he smiled. "Don't count on me staying," Clarisse growled. Orion frowned "C'mon Luna let's get going". Luna trotted out of the room she was staying in with a pretty pink and white bundle of flowers behind her ear. "Hey Clarisse," she waved. "Don't talk to me bitch" Clarisse turned the other way. Luna frowned and followed Orion. "It's ok she's just angry right now she doesn't mean it I think you look pretty with the flowers" Orion gave her a reassuring look. Luna smiled and kept walking but not before waving to Obsidian. Sonny walked past her Everest was leaning on him for support and still gave small groans of pain but nonetheless waved to Clarisse. Clarisse looked away at what she'd done. Everest frowned and leaned closer to Sonny who stroked her head lightly. "What in the distortion world happened to you?" Obsidian said getting up. Sonny opened his mouth to say something but Everest interrupted him. "It's not important I'm fine now" Everest groaned. Sonny helped her up onto the chair before going out into the hallway to remind Clarisse coming to the dinner wasn't an option. Clarisse looked annoyed but followed him anyway. "Hello Clarisse" Obsidian remarked, staring at her. Clarisse growled but took her seat Obsidian wasn't amused as he gave her a deadly look. A knock on the door made everyone look up. "I'll get the door" Everest started to get up but let out a painful moan. Sonny gave her a look and got up before helping her back into her seat. "Everest you shouldn't move like that if you want your wound to heal" Wisp remarked. Sonny opened the door to reveal Rosabelle, Phoenix, Blossom and a very unhappy looking Pixie. "It's great to have you all for this late notice dinner come in" Sonny smiled. They all found their seats. "Oh my arceus Everest what happened to you!" Rosabelle gasped. Everest shook the comment off. Sonny frowned and whispered something to Rosabelle who frowned as well. This made Clarisse annoyed. "Hi Pixie!" Orion and Luna chorused. "Clarisse, why don't you say hello to Pixie?" Sonny gave her a look. "Hello Pixie lovely having you here" Clarisse muttered in a sarcastic tone. "Great being here Clarisse" Pixie returned her comment in the same way. Another knock on the door signaled the rest of the guests were here. Sonny smiled and walked off Clarisse hit him with her tail. Sonny growled and walked down the hall coming back with Twilight, Moonspark, Regina, Eclipse, and Dusk. "Welcome everyone!" Everest managed a smile. Twilight gasped but didn't make another mention of Everest's state. "I got word from Starshine that her family won't be able to attend but otherwise it's great you all could make it" Sonny smiled. Obsidian managed a smile "Great to be here but what's with such short notice of the dinner?" he asked. "We have a special surprise for you," Everest smiled. "Oh lovely" Obsidian rolled his eyes. Everyone began to eat when Sonny excused himself for a second. He winked at Everest and she nodded. "Ok everyone I present to you Opal!" Sonny said, coming back with a smile on his face. A white zoroark with red tips on her fur followed him and smiled when she saw Obsidian. "Daddy!" she squealed and wrapped him in a hug. "Opal! You're really here! You're so big I didn't realize you evolved, you're beautiful!" Obsidian hugged his daughter. Opal blushed and looked at the crowd watching her. "Hey everyone, great to be here as you probably guessed. I'm Obsidian's daughter. I haven't seen him for a long time. This is the best surprise ever!"