𝟎. prelude

IN HER FIRST year, emmeline walker witnessed harry potter, ron weasley, and hermione granger go against lord voldemort.

she had gone along with the trio, of course, but she hadn't really done much to aid them. but still then, she felt the thrill of the adventure wasn't enough.

when the sorting hat sat upon emmeline's head, it declared her a ravenclaw. she'd been somewhat dejected, having spent the entirety of the train ride to hogwarts with other students who clearly wouldn't be ravenclaws. although a whisper of a voice had echoed in her head —'you'd be well off in slytherin, as well '. but she was proud. proud that she and her mother shared this last, worldly connection, which made her feel the slightest bit happier.

emmeline was of half blood lineage. her parents were both wizards, despite the fact that each of them had a parent that was a muggle. they were aurors, not as well known as most, but powerful in their own way.

the tragedy of her mother's death had spiraled her father into a chilling fear—he had watched his wife die, after all. now he spooked at every little thing, obsessing over the smallest details that were irrelevant.

the young girl had loved her mother. she'd been the pillar of support for emmeline's hands to grip onto if she ever fell into despair. but ever since her death, the witch had been preoccupied with filling the void she left behind with adventures just as amazing as the ones she'd once been told during bedtime.

stories of broomsticks and magic — curses and hexes.

so when emmeline finally had the chance to experience something extraordinary and dangerous — she wasn't satisfied.

it wasn't enough.

in her second year, she'd returned once more to the ravenclaw tower in the school of magic that was hogwarts. after a summer of lockdown in her house — courtesy of her paranoid father — she was itching for some fresh air and space to breathe.

that year, she had her second story-worthy adventure. one involving the heir to a secret chamber terrorizing the school, a giant blind spider and his tribe of slightly smaller spiders, her friend harry being a parseltongue, a dead and slightly annoying ghost by the name of moaning myrtle, brewing polyjuice potion in the girl's bathroom, a journey beyond the pipes in said bathroom, a self absorbed lying teacher who tried to erase their memories, and facing a giant basilisk with the help of a phoenix and a ratty old hat — just to save a possessed little girl by the name of ginny weasley.

it certainly was great, yet couldn't fill the forever growing hole where emmeline's mother had once occupied in.

but this year would be different. once and for all, emmeline would figure out a way to piece her heart back together with the greatest and most thrilling adventure yet. after all, third time's the charm...right?

MALINA WEISSMAN, emmeline walker

‎ ‎ ‎

# LOVE, RAY !

i do not own any characters from harry potter besides my own created characters and some parts of the plot which are not canon to the hp books. all characters mentioned that do not belong to me belong to j. k. rowling and the rest of the wizarding world of harry potter franchise and books.

also, i'm not caught up on all the harry potter facts and such, so i apologize if things don't make sense. thank you, and enjoy the story!