𝐈𝐈𝐈. hospital wing

─── chapter three.
HOSPITAL WING ❜

AS MUCH AS EMMELINE INSISTED HER WOUND DIDN'T HURT, hagrid refused to listen as he dropped both her and malfoy off at the hospital wing

madam pomfrey fretted over the two more than any of them would like. for emmeline, where a small healing spell would've worked, the nurse wrapped a rather tight bandage all around her stomach and back.

"madam pomfrey, this is a bit much — i mean, i'm missing potions so you won't see me complaining — but i can't really breathe." the ravenclaw informed the older woman.

unfortunately, despite emmeline's halfhearted protests, she was not allowed to leave the hospital wing until the next day. and as many knew, emmeline walker was not one for waiting around.

‎ ‎ ‎

‎ ‎

WHEN THE CASTLE HAD GONE QUIET, and all the enchanted lights turned off — madam pomfrey left the hospital wing, probably to get some sleep. emmeline had never asked where the nurse stayed after treating all those patients.

the mattress below her felt hard and, unlike her bed in her dorm, did not swallow her up like a cocoon. this made it difficult for the brunette to fall asleep. the curtains around her were drawn, making it so no one could see her, and vise-versa.

as emmeline constantly turned, the beds creaked awfully, making her wince. the gashes on her stomach had disappeared, and her tattered robes had been replaced with a pair of midnight blue pajamas littered with minuscule yellow stars (courtesy of hagrid, who'd come to visit a few hours earlier).

with an indignant huff, emmeline sat up on her bed. she'd had enough. clearly, sleep was something she wasn't going to get that night. pulling the curtains open, she swung herself over the bed, her sock encased feet hitting the floor soundlessly.

"pst. malfoy," she whispered to the blonde, who didn't have his curtains drawn but had his back facing her. "you awake?"

"no." grumbled draco in response, but turned to face emmeline anyway. "i'm trying to sleep, walker. if you wouldn't mind shutting up for once, that would be greatly obliged."

"no can do, dearest." she grinned, bringing up a chair to sit next to his bed.

groaning, draco rolled his eyes dramatically. with a huff, he sat up, propping his head and back against his pillows.

"what do you want?" he snapped, looking mildly annoyed as always.

emmeline shrugged nonchalantly. "i'm just bored."

the blonde looked as though he would strangle her right then and there.

"well, i'm not. good night." draco pulled the covers over himself.