𝐈. hogwarts train

─── chapter one.
HOGWARTS TRAIN ❜

A BROWN HAIRED GIRL PUSHED A LARGE TROLLEY, the contents rattling slightly as she hummed and pushed faster

a large cage sat upon her trolly, right on top of a large trunk. if one listened closely, they might be able to hear the hoots of protest from the great horned owl hidden inside the cage.

"sorry, neptune. the road's a bit bumpy." the girl coaxed sweetly, gently patting the cloth over her owl's cage.

king's cross was rather crowded the morning of september first, passerby walking in close proximity to others and trying to find their train. emmeline walker was heading towards platform 9¾, a hidden passageway from the muggle world to her mode of transportation; the hogwarts express.

her eyes searched for familiar vibrant red hair in the crowd of blonde and brown, yet she could find no sign of any weasley.

instead, she broke out in a run, pushing her trolley rapidly and descending into the hidden platform before any passerby could catch a glimpse of her. maybe that was where the family was.

to her masked dissatisfaction, a blob of pale blonde hair stood a few feet away, grey and cold eyes catching catching her own uninterested blue ones.

a smirk danced upon draco malfoy's face as the boy saw emmeline emerge from the platform wall.

in her opinion, it was a very ugly and uncoordinated dance, with an even worse dancer.

lucius malfoy took on a crinkled look, his pale and pointy face scrunching up as he looked over at the half blood witch. narcissa malfoy chose to simply refuse acknowledgement and turned away.

"my, my." the boy drawled as he strode up to emmeline, pushing his hair out of his face. despite her indifference to the boy, the brunette couldn't deny the fact that their third year had treated him far better than any other year so far. "if it isn't wacky walker. surprised to see you here. i'd have thought you dropped out to pursue your bedtime story adventures."

"oh! i didn't see you there, measly malfoy." she shot back, her lips curling in a lazy grin. "i'm surprised your parents are still allowed to drop you off — why don't you send mummy and daddy off wif a whittle kiss, draco? could be the last time you see them."

the boy turned pink and rolled his eyes, sauntering off to board the train and avoiding looking back to see the amused expression on emmeline's face.

"stupid ravenclaw." he muttered as he disappeared to find his slytherin friends.

"— hey, em!" a call turned her head to gaze at the latform behind her, making her face break out into a much realer grin.