What Comes Next

Y/n was released from the hospital that afternoon under strict orders to rest and to not be left alone. Jake carefully wheeled Shadow down the hall in her wheelchair, pulling it up to the side of his waiting truck and lifting her inside. He drove her back to their shared home and didn't bother allowing her to walk, sweeping her up in his arms bridal style instead. He carried her up and into their bedroom carefully depositing her on the bed against the pillows.
"Alright Bug, no more excitement for you for a good while. What would you like to do?" The woman took in the sweatpants and hoodie that she was wearing, daydreaming of having a nice hot shower.
"What're you thinking about so hard over there?" She again looked down with a shy smile,
"I would kill to be able to take a shower right about now." He met her with a wink before again sweeping her up into his arms causing her to gasp in surprise.

He carried her into the bathroom and stood her on the floor, allowing his hand to linger on her elbow until he was sure she was well balanced before turning away to start the shower. He carefully adjusted the water temperature to where he remembered she liked and turned back toward her. She had started trying to remove her clothes and was having some trouble given that she was still feeling a lot of stiffness from the fall. He carefully helped her remove her shirt, her hands reaching out to hold his belt loops of his jeans to steady herself. He bent down and helped her step out of her pants and underwear, tossing the clothes into the hamper. He then helped her step into the shower and watched as she closed her eyes and stood still under the warm spray, watching her relax as the water cascaded around her.

The next time y/n opened her eyes she felt as he ghosted his hands along her forearms that hung by her sides. He reached around her and grabbed her soap and sponge, allowing it to lather before starting to gently wash her body. She sighed out in contentment and leaned back against his chest, allowing her head to loll backwards against his shoulder. He pressed a light kiss to the hollow of her throat,
"You okay baby?" She nodded slightly, allowing herself to get lost in the feeling of his hands gliding across her soapy skin. He rested a hand over her abdomen just under her belly button, pressing another kiss just behind her ear. She whimpered quietly as goosebumps appeared across her form despite the heat of the water.
"Y/n, as much as badly as I want to..we really shouldn't. Your still recovering from hitting your head.." She put her hand over top of his on her stomach lacing their fingers together, she turned in his arms and pressed her lips to his. He dropped the hold he had on her hand in favor of lifting her carefully against the wall of the shower and holding her weight easily in his arms. She wrapped her legs around his waist and buried her fingers in his wet hair drawing his forehead against hers,
"I've waited 3 years Jake, please don't make me wait any longer." He didn't have the heart or the self control to deny her the connection that they both clearly craved. During the time he'd spent touching her he had become hard so it only took him aligning himself with her sex, inserting himself into her. He buried his face into her neck as he thrust in and out of her, panting against her flushed skin. As he was about to reach his peak he draw back to meet her eyes and panted out,
"I love you Y/n.." the coil that had become wound so tightly at her core came undone and she came moaning out the endearment back to him.

He had made love to her like he never had, as slowly and gently as he could taking his time savoring every sound and expression she made. He emerged from the shower with her still in his arms, laying against his chest with her head pillowed on his shoulder. She was barely awake as he carried her to their bed and laid her down. Carefully he dried her off and dressed her in underwear and another of his shirts he found in her drawer. He tucked her under the covers and sat beside her, combing his fingers through her wet hair until her soft breaths evened out into sleep. He rose from the bed and reach into his duffel bag that Rooster had insisted on dropping off for him full of clothes from his own house, knowing he wouldn't be leaving Shadow any time soon. He rummaged around in the side pocket until his fingers came into contact with velvet, withdrawing his hand with the small black box inside. He opened the box and pulled out the contents, a solitaire cut diamond set in silver and made his way back to the bed. He slid the ring back to its rightful place next to Y/n's wedding band that she had never removed, through all the years they were separated. He turned off the lamp and climbed into bed next to the woman who held his heart, and had since the first time he'd laid eyes on her.

Y/n woke in the mid morning of the next day, carefully stretching her sore limbs. She rolled onto her back to find Jake already propped on one arm, watching her with a fond smile on his face.
"Morning Bug." He carefully tapped her nose with his index finger, chuckling as she scrunched it up in retaliation.
"Morning, sorry I fell asleep.." he shook his head,
"Don't be sorry, I wanted you to rest. I'm glad you did." She reached up to run a hand through her unruly hair, pausing when she felt something catch in the long locks. She withdrew her hand and brought it back into her line of vision, eyes widening when she realized what resided on her hand. She quickly looked to him with questions in her eyes,
"Y/n, I can't tell you how sorry I am. I pushed you away when you needed me the most. I thought that it was the best thing for you to be away from me, I failed as your husband to protect you that night. I would give anything to change it all and still have our baby here between us right now. I'm so sorry that I abandoned you and made you go through that alone." She sniffled back tears and reached a hand up to wipe his stay tears that streamed down his cheek, he turned his face into her hand pressing a kiss to her palm.
"It wasn't your fault. It wasn't either of our faults, I don't blame you Jake. I never have. All I ever wanted was you to be happy.." he nodded and met her gaze with his own,
"I need you Y/n. I've needed you since the moment I met you. It only took 3 weeks to fall for you, 3 months for me to marry you, and it's taken me 3 years to come back to you when I never should've left in the first place. Y/n Seresin, will you make me the happiest man in the world and marry me just one more time? I promise to be the man that you deserve, and I will never..ever not be there when you need me. Ever again. I love you so much Bug." She reached up to grab his face in her hands, pulling him down to seal their lips in a passionate kiss.
"Of course I will Jake, I love you so much."