See Ya Later

The next week passed in a blink and before they knew it, the day before Hangman was to deploy was upon them. He'd spent the day on base for the briefing and Y/n spent her day preparing for her own version. Shortly after 8 PM she heard the front door open and close and her husbands voice ring out with a call of her name. She heard him make his way into the bedroom and heard his chuckle when he noticed the lights were off and the candles lit in the room.
"Hey Bug I'm home!" He kicked his shoes off right as she replied,
"Be right out!" Hangman took a seat on the edge of the bed as the bathroom door opened, revealing Shadow wrapped in a bathrobe with her hair in a bun on top of her head.
"How was your day honey?" She smiled and walked over to stand between his legs,
"It was fine, how was yours?" He sighed at her scent filling his nostrils,
"It was alright, you know how mission briefings are." She nodded as she studied him,
"I do, which is why..I've prepared a little briefing of my own.." she punctuated the pause in her words to untie the belt holding her robe together and allowing it to fall to the fall, revealing a set of black of lingerie underneath. The set consisted of thong bottoms and a top that was black lace covering her breasts that turned into a sheer bodice that parted in the middle, curtaining her pregnant belly. She reached up to her hair clip and pulled it out, shaking her hair free to cascade freely down her back. Jake raked his eyes up and down his wife's figure and his mouth fell open as he took in the sight of her. He reached out to place his large hands on her hips, pulling her closer to him.
"Sorry it doesn't flatter me like it use to before.." she looked down at her belly that was now pressed against his own stomach,
"Are you kidding? I've never been more turned on in my entire life. You are so beautiful it hurts.." He looked up into her eyes so she would understand she was sincere,
"In that case, prepare for your at home briefing Lieutenant.." She put a hand against his chest and gave him a gentle push that had him falling back onto the bed as she crawled on top of him,
"Oh yes ma'am. I'm all yours.." she smiled down at him before connecting their lips.

The next morning started bright and early at 5:30 with Jake having to be on base by 7. Y/n had barely been able to sleep even after the way he'd made love to her the night before had them both falling asleep immediately after her falling onto his chest. Hangman came down the stairs with his duffle bag in hand, taking the travel mug of coffee she held out to him and bending to kiss her forehead. She looked up into his eyes and opened her mouth to speak when she was interrupted by a knock at the door. She waddled through the living room to the front door and opened it to reveal the tall mustached man on the other side.
"Good morning beautiful, morning munchkin." Rooster greeted the woman before him with a kiss to the top of the head and a soft pat to her belly for the baby inside. She moved to allow him inside and the two made their way to the kitchen.

Within 10 minutes the three were loaded into Roosters Bronco and headed for base. They pulled into the parking lot in front of the hanger, getting out they walked Hangman to the door and he turned toward his wife,
"Jake.." he shook his head at her,
"Don't say it Bug.." she looked at him with a confused face,
"Don't say what?" He gave her a soft smile,
"Goodbye. Cowboys don't say goodbye Darlin', they say see ya later." She let out a tearful chuckle at his statement, she always loved when pieces of his Texan upbringing peeked through his everyday life.
"Okay, see ya later then baby.." he smiled and bent down to kiss her as deeply as he could, parting and kneeling in front of her to caress and kiss her round belly.
"See ya later Levi, you take care of your mama okay?" He kissed her belly once more before standing and hugging her one more time. He turned to his best friend and gave him a tight squeeze, then he grabbed his duffle bag and headed through the glass door. Rooster stepped over to Y/n's side as they watched his back retreating into the building. As soon as he was out of sight, Shadow was overcome with emotion and the tears started rushing down her cheeks without her consent. At the first sob her knees threatened to give out, the man at her side wrapped his arms around her and held her up. She buried her face in the fabric of his tank top to muffle her cries.
"Come on sweetheart, let's get you and the munchkin home.."

Rather than risk her falling as a result of her grief, Rooster leaned down to secure a hand behind the small woman's knees and swept her up into his arms. He carried her back to the car and got her settled in his passenger seat, buckling her seatbelt and wrapping a blanket over her lap from the backseat. Walking around the other side he climbed into the drivers seat and pointed his Bronco back toward the Seresin home.