So it Shall Be

The couple were remarried, this time in Mavericks hanger in the Mojave much to the excitement of the man. The ceremony had been very small, only the dagger group and of course Penny and Amelia had been invited. The attire for the wedding was very casual, aviators and jeans a staple for each of the wedding patrons. They had all celebrated late into the night together. The 2 weeks immediately following the joyful event found the couple frequenting a white sandy beach in Corpus Christi Texas. They had a oceanfront bungalow that had been rented for the entire week and had been making full use of it. They had already christened the bed, couch, the shower, even the kitchen counter in their unadulterated lust for one another. Everything was perfect.

Jake had just poured himself a cup of coffee and carried it along with him in search of his wife, allowing himself out onto the private deck via the sliding glass door from the living room. He found her nestled in the sand, raybans perched on her nose as she was studying intently the object residing in her lap, a Kindle Paperwhite that had been her husbands wedding gift to her. Her Sunday afternoons never would be inconvenienced again by her precious books falling from her grasp, losing her reading place in the progress. Hangman leaned his shirtless shoulder into the door frame, jeans hung low and unbuttoned on his sun kissed hips. He was able to quietly watch her for a few minutes before she noticed his presence, giving him a winning smile.
"Hey baby." He pushed away from the door and made his way over to her, bending down beside her.
"Hey beautiful, enjoying the sun?" She beamed at him behind her sunglasses,
"Very much. Care to join me?" He allowed his eyes to roam over her light blue bikini covered body, licking his lips in appreciation and thanking his past self for insisting she go shopping in preparation for the trip.
"Well Bug as lovely as that sounds, I can think of more intimate ways for us to spend our time just now." He gave her a suggestive wink and she couldn't help the heat rushing to her core as she let out a giggle.
"Oh do you now Lieutenant Seresin? And what would those be pray tell?" He paused in answering to allow himself to scoop up her body into his arms, biceps flexing deliciously under the minimal strain.
"Oh it's far too vulgar to be discussing in public, I'll just have to show you Mrs. Seresin."

The two fell into the sheets together again, and subsequently fell asleep after their exertions. They slept for a few hours before Jake was startled awake as y/n bolted up and dashed for the en-suite bathroom, slamming the door behind her. He quickly rubbed the sleep from his eyes as he followed her, softly knocking on the door.
"Bug? Baby are you okay?" He heard light shuffling from behind the door, hearing the telltale sounds of the toilet flushing. He heard the faucet turn on and just as he was about to push the door open she beat him to it, toothbrush hanging from her mouth.
"Yeah I don't know what happened I just felt really s..sick all of a sudden.." she paused in the middle of brushing her teeth, pulling the brush from her mouth.
"What? What's wrong?" She met his eyes full of uncertainty, it took him a moment before the dots finally connected.
"You..you don't think..could it be.." his eyes darted back and forth between hers, desperately trying to decide if she was thinking the same thing he was.

The two drove to the nearby store in silence, quickly grabbing what they came for and paying for it. The whole excursion only took about 20 minutes but it seemed like forever in their minds that were reeling with possibilities. Y/n wordlessly went back into the bathroom upon arriving, shutting the door and not emerging for a short few minutes. Jake remembered from the first round of this that the waiting had been the hardest for her, so he sat on the edge of the bed until she opened the door. She sat beside him phone in hand with a timer for 3 minutes staring at them on the screen. He wrapped his arm around her and pressed his lips to the top of her head. The timer went off and she again went back into the room, picking up the test and coming back to stand in front of him. She flipped it over and stared at the two pink lines that greeted her. She gasped in surprise as his eyes met with her own, he offered her a watery smile as she clamped a hand over her mouth.
"Congratulations mama. Looks like we have yet another thing to celebrate." She jumped into his arms and he grabbed her around the waist, trying to pour all the excitement he felt into the kiss that connected their lips. There was indeed much to celebrate for the two that had taken the long way around, but found their way back anyway.