Chapter 6 • The Dark Night Rises

Niall's POV

"Missed you too Ven. I'm sure we will have time to have our own party with the others. Don't worry" I assured her.

After seeing the two having a little fight, I can see the younger Venice and me in them. I enjoyed their company 'cause I've been waiting for someone to get here that is late for almost half an hour. Once I see him, I will kill him. Waiting is not my forte. Like literally.

After a few moments, I saw Venice already giving up on Harry and giving me a flying kiss. I missed her. I missed her so much. If we could only turn back time.

To be honest, I'm still shocked at the thought that I met Venice here. I never thought that this night will be very eventful. I thought this will be a common and boring party, a simple night and a night not worth remembering but it seems like it's an understatement.

Right after the doors are closed, I immediately dialed the number of the worst friend I ever had. He answered it for after 6 or 7 rings.

"Wtf! Where are you? I thought you were coming? I look like an absolute loner here" I spat at him.

"Ni, there's an accident here on the road and the cars are slowly moving. I just can't leave my car here, you idiot."

"Well maybe if you went earlier, you wouldn't be stuck there, you idiot" I mimicked him.

"Yeah whatever. I'm going to hang up. Bye N-"

"Wait! I just wanted to tell you something important", I said slowly.

"This should be really important because if it's not-"

"Venice is here at Australia" I whispered to him as if it's a top secret.

"Really? That's good news! But I think we should tell her about-"

"No Liam. We should not. It's the best thing we can. We need to just shut up."

"But how bout-"

"No! This time, listen to me. Maybe I always fool around but please hear me out just this time."

"Okay Ni. I understand. Sooo, how was she? Is she good? I missed her soooo much."

Liam and Venice was also close before. Yes they are also close but not as close as Ven and I. Venice is the type of girl that doesn't take everything seriously. I mean, look at us. We thought that putting slime in his brother's bag will make him closer to Ven but it was the other way around. And if we had a good time doing that, we also had a bad time after doing that because besides James' annoyance towards us, Liam was also there to pinpoint our wrong doing. Liam was so mature back then. He's not okay with the pranks that Ven and I used to do.

Up to now, he hasn't changed a bit. He's still in control, still mature (or even more mature), and knows what is the right thing to do. Everytime I open up to him, he would enlighten me with quotes from well known philophers and sometimes, I already know what he'll say. Sometimes he's irritating but at the same time, he's that someone that you need to speak to you when you don't feel like talking to anyone.

I know that he'll understand why I want us to keep our mouths shut.

"I missed her too as much as you missed her. She's very good. I mean she's much prettier now. She got taller. By the way, she gave me her number so that I can call her anytime. I think you two should meet up" I said.

"Yeah. That would be great. I can't wait to see her," he said without hiding his excitement. "Hey, Niall I really need to hang up because I'm almost there. Meet me on the gate?"

Is he serious? Does he even know me? I know that he knows that I don't like to stay with the crowd. He also knows my weakness in waiting.

"Seriously? Shut up. Go to the Guest Room. Ask someone to know where is it. Be independent Liam", I joked.

"Shut up" and with that I hear the beeping sound.

• • • • •

Venice's POV

As I enter my flat, I collapsed on the sofa 'cause this night was so tiring and very eventful. I'm just so happy to see Niall again. I know I keep on saying this again and again, but it's true. I really am happy to see him. And plus, I also gained 2 new friends! Yaaay for me! I had an incredible night with them and to be honest I ship the both of them. Larry is ♡. HAHAHA. But seriously though, at the first time I saw them, I knew something was up.

I drank a lot of water because all of the drinking I did on the party was so throat-drying. I'm not a heavy drinker. I don't really drink but Harry and Louis made me do it so I had no choice.

As I was about to go upstairs, I remember the incident that happened to me here earlier. Now that I'm thinking of it, I felt pain. Yes, Harry already put some medication on it but it still hurts. All I want right now is to go lie down on my bed.

I was walking towards my room and felt something hard on my forehead. There, I saw myself bumping my head on the door. If you still haven't notice, I am the clumsiest person to ever exist 'cause in everything I do, I always get hurt.

Thinking of today's happenings makes me look back at the past again. And at the thought of my childhood friends, I quickly remembered something that signifies our friendship. I don't wear it anymore but I'm still keeping it on my locked drawer. I was about to get it when my phone rang. Is it Niall? I grew excited at the thought of Niall calling but then it faded away at the sight of this:

James Bond Calling

Wow. Just wow.

"What now?"

"Hey lil sis. I told you to call me but you aren't so I become worried. Are you on your flat?"

"Yeah. My good friend took me home safely. Good thing I have him" I snapped.

"I'm sorry okay? I'll make it up to you. I promise. And also to your new friend."

"Yeah. Whatever."

"Hey go to sleep already! It's 2 in the morning and you have classes later."

Oh no. I forgot. It's Monday already! Oh no no no. I should tell him I know it so that he wouldn't scold me.

"I am pretty aware, James. Thanks for reminding me."

"I thought so. Okay. Good mornight sis. I'll see you when I see you."

"You don't say" and I heard a beeping sound.

These random thoughts I have are making me feel dizzy. I think I drank too much. And minutes later, I drift on my sleep.

• • • • •

Zzzzzz.