Chapter 9 • The Australian Hustle

Venice's POV

IF YOU THINK YOU CAN KICK, JOIN THE SOCCER TEAM! JUST WRITE YOUR NAME AND BE READY FOR THE TRIALS ON JULY 13, WEDNESDAY, AFTER CLASSES, ON OUR FIELD.

1. Dave Beckham
2. Calum Hood
3. Jason Lee
4. Greg Moran
5. James Reid
6. Ashton Irwin
7. Brad Peat
8. Connor Bell
9. Sam Claff
10. Peter Mellark
11. Michael Clifford
12. Riley Cyrus
13. Tom Gerry
14. Justine Beaver
15.Toby Mcdonald
16. Luke Hemmings
17. Edward Heeran
18. Ivan Jogia
19. Hunter Rays
20. Justin Timbersea

Wtf.

Now I understand why these girls are taking a picture of it.

I instantly looked at Paris and I think we are sharing the same look. We are both shocked. Shocked in a good way, i guess.

"What the f-"

I stopped her before saying that f word.

"Uh-uh-uh. You know that I don't like you saying that word."

"Yeah, I know. But I really can't believe he-"

"I know Paris. Same here. Now let's just look around and ask him why did he do it all of a sudden."

We've been looking for Luke for about half an hour already and we haven't seen any signs that he's here.

Paris and I have noticed these 3 signs since we were in freshmen. And they are:

1.) If Luke isn't present, there will be no girls screaming on the hallway.

And it's true. There are no screaming girls. There are no crazy girls running and jumping and bumping their heads on the locker whenever they see him.

2.) If Luke is absent, there will be no girls checking if he's in his class.

It's the craziest thing in the world. These girls have a copy of Luke's schedule and they always check if he's in his right class. Some are hoping that one day, Luke will need it and they will be there to provide it for him because before, some girl got lucky.

One time, Luke lost his schedule and one of his fangirls heard him talking about his lost sched and right after that, she gave him her copy of Luke's schedule and she was totally freaking out because according to her, Luke held her hand. -,-

She was like bragging about it for almost two weeks. She would yell on the hallway and say "YOU GIRLS SHOULD BE JEALOUS BECAUSE LUKE HELD MY HAND!" Some girls will just ignore her because they think it's not true. They would say, "Keep dreaming, girl. Luke won't even waste a second looking at you."

Crazy freaks.

3.) Last but not least, if Luke is not present, there will be no girls greeting Paris and I.

They always greet us whenever they see the both of us and now, they are not even looking at us.

I knew it. They are just friendly because they know that we're close with Luke. And now that he's not around, they won't be trying hard to be close to us.

As we saw some familiar girls who always compliment our outfit, Paris immediately went to them and asked them.

"Hey girls! How's our "Outfit of the day"?

"Hmm. It's fine" , a girl said, showing no interest.They continued talking with each other as if we're not there.

"Uh excuse me? Fine? What's your problem?" Her voice raised.