Chapter 7 • Paris with a Chance of Missed Calls

Venice's POV

I was playing with my friends one day. It was summer that's why I had a lot of time to spend a whole day with them.

"Hey! Give me back my sunglasses!" I yell at the blonde boy. These faces I am seeing right now are soooo familiar yet they are blurred. I can't see them clearly. Is it them or me?

"Nu-uh. If you can catch me." These kids are really having a fun time teasing me. Well of course I am not because they are passing my favorite pink sunglasses without any care.

"Hey give it back! Haven't you heard the phrase, "Handle it with CARE. FRAGILE!" I shrieked.

Sometimes I just cry there and then they will feel guilty 'cause they made me cry. Sometimes, I really feel like crying but now, it's all just an act.

As they came closer, I snatched my sunglasses then ran but suddenly, someone took it from me. Running sooo fast. In one swift move, he was bumped by a car and all I was capable of doing was to scream and say..

NOOOOOOO!

I felt like hundreds of bricks fell on top of my head and woke up with the worst head ache I ever had.

I just realized that it was all just a dream. Ugh. I hate it when those kind of dreams are the ones that I'm getting. I really hate it! What a great thing to start a day.

I groan in pain. I rushed to the kitchen downstairs and drank pain killers and water. It was after eating my breakfast or should I say 'brunch' when I realized I should be checking the time. I saw the clock and I just stared at it with shock.

11:34 am

Wtf. I guess not going to school is a good option 'cause what good excuse do I have for being almost half a day late? 'Uhm, I woke up at like 11:32 am and I don't know why' or 'Someone took my assignment on my way here and I chased after him, that's why'. Of course no one will believe me. I think Paris wouldn't believe me either. Besides, it's High School, everyone will talk about it and I believe not attending school today is the best option. I will just say, 'I wasn't feeling well and my brother told me to stay at home'.

I don't have anything to do in here so I decided to have a general cleaning of my flat. I think it's been 2 weeks since I last cleaned and for the past days, I always sneeze so why not clean it when you have heaps of time?

I started on putting my clothes on the washing machine, then I went on cleaning the kitchen. I just realized that I don't have much food left so I reminded myself that I should do grocery tomorrow after school.

I scrubed and vacuumed the floor, cleaned the windows, even the door knobs!

I changed the positions of my furniture on the living room and also in my bedroom.

I also cleaned the trophies that I own that are displayed. I look at each trophy and reminiscing how I got all of those. All in all, I have 23 trophies. Of course they differ in sizes and the colors. Some are bronze, silver, gold and I have this unique trophy that is covered with color pink. I really don't know why but it's my favorite. I got it when I was still a freshman. I received it from a pageant my classmates pushed me to join in and luckily, I won. Instead of a crown, they gave a trophy and there's this special thing about this trophy that isn't really usual. Besides it's color, it has gems and diamonds decorated on it. It's really like a crown but of course, you can't wear it. ♡

After 4 hours of continuous cleaning, I was contented with the result. Everything looks nice and sparkly. Well maybe except one.

ME.

I jumped on my bathroom and I removed my clothes as if it's the dirtiest thing.

I washed my long brunette hair and rinsed it very well. Smelling my vanilla scented shampoo calms me and I noticed that when I rush into people, they would ask my shampoo so I conclude that people also like my shampoo.

I scrubed my whole body and I started my mini concert in the bathroom.

'Please welcome, Ms. Elisha Venice O. Lauren!'

'WOOOOOHOOOO I LOVE YOU VEN!'

'I LOVE YOU TOO' and I pretend on blowing kisses to everyone. And then I started singing.

"Now when you say you want to slow down, does it mean you wanna slow dance?

I grabbed the shampoo bottle that can serve as the microphone.

Maybe you just want a little extra time to focus on our romaaance

What do you mean I've got it backwaaaaaards you know we're gonna be foreveeeer

Why are you telling me goodbye aren't you gonna stay the night?"

Singing in the shower is the best thing in the world. You can be anyone you want without the others judging you. So what if I am a big fan of Paramore? What's the catch if 'Crazy Girls' is my favorite song of Paramore?

I just like the thought of being in an isolated place. Well, not actually. But I don't know. I think bathrooms are the best places in the world. I mean you can dance there, sing there, think all of your problems there, release things that shouldn't be in you. You know what I mean. And it's kinda weird because whenever I go to the bathroom at school, I don't ask anyone if they could go and wait for me because I wasn't scared at the thought of it. I don't know why would someone ask if they could wait for them by just going to the bathroom.

I feel so refreshed now. I finished my concert with the last line of the song,

'Now I'm one of thooose Crazy Giiirls'

'Woooo! Yeah! Go Venice!'

After taking a bath, I finally feel like I do belong in this flat.

I did some studying because I don't want to be late in our lessons. I studied something about World War 1 and 2 and to be honest I was about to have a World War 3 inside my head for all the informations I took in.

After giving up on studying, I decided to watch 'Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs'. I went down to cook some meatballs so that I can relate to my movie.

I've always enjoyed this movie because all of the characters are just so cute and cuddly. I mean, look at them! And the place, oh my gosh. Just by looking at it makes me full 'cause everything is food! Food is everything.

....

I didn't realize that I fell asleep until I saw the credits already rolling. Aw man! I missed the climax!

It's already 8:48 pm when I looked at my phone. And there I saw 6 missed calls from Paris. Aww, that girl must've been worrying about my absence. I felt bad suddenly because I wasn't able to tell her. We usually see each other during lunch and now, I feel really bad.

I saw another notification. It's a text message and it's from someone I didn't expect.

• • • • •