005.

005, LOVERS CAVE

005, LOVERS CAVE

"SATURDAY 29TH JUNE, 2020.
journal entry 207:

Today the triplets, Alahna, Nathan and I went on a hike to a popular spot called Lovers Cave. Apparently, heaps of people go there for smoke sessions but we just went because Nick felt like being 'one with nature' today. His words, not mine!

Nate, Matt, Nick and Chris were mucking around (nothing new) and Alahna and I were catching up with each other. It felt really good to talk to another girl for once, sharing thoughts with boys is never really helpful, so being able to relate with Alahna through so many things really made me feel more refreshed.

When we were thirty minutes away from the cave Nick started complaining about having sore feet and literally made me and Chris take turns giving him a piggyback. It was hard walking up hills with an extra body on my back but we pulled through. Once we got to the cave, Nick obviously made everyone take photos (they turned out really cute!) and then we were finally able to go inside.

Nick and Matt claimed that they made a pair list before leaving so that everyone was in a pair as we walked through the 'massive' cave. Guess who I got stuck with? Christopher, yay! It wasn't that bad, minus the fact that the boys kept burping or yelling to hear it echo through the cave.

There was one point when Chris and I were slightly ahead of the group so we stopped to look at the rocks, they weren't super interesting until Chris gasped and held up a pink crystal-looking rock. When I walked over he was dusting it with the sleeve of his hoodie, I leaned in to get a close look and it was freaking rose quartz! Nick thought we were the next Power Rangers — we weren't :(.

Anyways, as we continued walking, Chris would not give me the rose quartz, which sucked. Except when we got to the end of the cave we found more colorful rocks, some seemed like crystals and others were just painted by the potheads that smoke in the cave. Though none of the other crystals could really beat Chris's rose quartz, in my opinion.

Chris and I stayed back at the end of the cave for five minutes while the other four went out to set up our picnic, we found some cool stones but only took three each — we didn't want to disrespect the cave. As we were walking out, Chris stopped me (I nearly shit myself). He handed me the rose quartz, which I thought was a fake, but it wasn't.

"It's for you. From me," is what I remember him saying. I thought it was cute, he was super flustered and had this goofy, shy smile plastered across his face. We walked out of the cave holding hands too!!

We had our picnic, thanks to Alahna's mom who packed us delicious snacks. After we ate, we all played frisbee but that only lasted for fifteen minutes, thanks to Nate who purposely shot it up into the tree and was shocked when it got stuck. It was very funny.