006.

006, DRUNK IN THE CAR

AVERY VALENTINE HAD HAD enough. She had enough of the pity looks from her sister every time she left the room, enough sympathetic smiles from Nicolas and Matthew Sturniolo when she sat on her porch steps, and definitely enough of how many times Christopher had thrown rocks at her bedroom window.

After an hour of pondering the consequences, Avery decided on making her way to the local bar. She crept into Zara's room whilst Zara was napping and snatched the older girl's ID card out of her wallet. Avery quietly crept down the stairs, even though her parents and brother were out for the night (they were staying for a month now) and grabbed a bottle of water in case she needed it.

Before leaving the house, Avery double-checked her outfit. It wasn't too club-ish but it also wasn't too lazy. She smoothed out the very few wrinkles that appeared on her short, pink dress and smiled to herself in the mirror. Time to forget about any boy she ever loved, mainly just Chris, but let's party!

As Avery softly shut the door, she spun around proudly only to be face to face with Elliot Dyer. The one and only. "Avery," the blond sighed with a small smile.

"Go home, Elliot."

"I'm here to apologize," Elliot explained, biting his inner cheek and hoping for a positive response from the freckled girl.

Avery exhaled loudly hoping he would get the hint. "I'm unavailable for the next three business days, try again never. Thanks!"

She then began to storm off and down the sidewalk but Elliot soon caught up to her, softly grabbing her wrist and letting go immediately as she spun around aggressively.

"At least let me drive you wherever you're going. I don't think you should be walking in the dark alone."

Avery thought for a moment, what's the harm? "Fine. To the bar, please."

Elliot furrowed his eyebrows but didn't question her motives, he nodded and climbed into his car that Avery had already seated herself in. What the pair were unaware of was the person watching from his brother's bedroom window.

Christopher frowned to himself as he quietly observed the inaudible argument that happened on the driveway beside his, his frown deepened as he watched Avery get into the blond's car. Chris felt his chest tighten at the thought of her being with him again and just squeezed his eyes tightly shut.

"Your stop, m'lady," Elliot grinned over to Avery as he pulled up at the bar.

Avery nodded in thanks. "Thank you. Also, don't call me that."