Dazed but not drunk.

"Never!"

"Just do it,"

"I would rather die."

"No need to be so dramatic. You are a girl after all. This should make you happy."

"Killing you would make me happier!"

Heeseung let out a frustrated sigh. He rubbed his palm against his face and shot Cheonsa a disappointed look. He was losing hope. Who knew how stubborn she could be once the sun was down?

Cheonsa's hair was all over the place. Her red cheeks were stained with dry tears. Her eyes were red and puffy. But she had no sign of remorse on her face. Whatever had happened between them, cheonsa's demon did not care. Or maybe she did.

Cheonsa was still an enigma to Heeseung.

"Just put on the dress, please."

Cheonsa narrowed her eyes at him.

"Repeating yourself will not change my mind," she warned.

"Don't make this difficult for me. Jungwon needs my help, and I need your help," he pleaded.

"How will I be of any help?" she asked.

The demon could only scoff at the boy's audacity. All those years, he had hated her, blamed her for his demise, and now he had the nerve to ask for help. If he hated her so much, why would he even ask her for help in the first place? She could only cause trouble. That was what he believed. Either he was lying to her or lying to himself.

But Cheonsa didn't care who was being lied to. Soon, a time would come when nothing would matter.

"You are as strong as five soldiers put together. With your strength, we can easily deal with the royal guards. So, please, change into that dress and let's go," he said with a defeated voice.

Perhaps he could dress up as a girl and seduce a few prison guards.

Heeseung shook off the odd idea and glanced at Cheonsa desperately.

Cheonsa glared back at him and pursed her lips. Her elongated canines poked her soft lips. She contemplated her decision on going to the ball. There were more disadvantages than pros and she could not decipher how Heeseung came up with the idea to even take her with him after sun down.

A tense minute passed between them before Cheonsa pushed off her chair while keeping her glare on the boy who had paled.

She grabbed the dress and started stomping towards the bathroom.

Before going in, she retraced her steps and grabbed Heeseung 's collar, "You are a selfish man, Heeseung. You will pay the price soon."

She made sure to give him a hard shove before whipping her head and entering the bathroom.

She could hear Heeseung grumbling something about being late. She heard his hurried footsteps moving around the room and shook her head. She lifted her head to stare at her reflection. Her pitch-black eyes stared back at her. Her head tilted to one side as she admired herself for a while. She was not to look at. Her long nails traced the line of her cheekbones and her lips.

With a soft sigh, she tore her eyes away from her reflection. She eyed the dress with the most uninterested look.

It was definitely a ball gown. The dress was the lightest shade of blue and it almost looked white. The fabric felt soft and expensive to her touch. She stared at the dress with an unreadable look on her face. It didn't match her style. She was hoping for a slick black dress that went with her villain image. She was going to fight royal guards, not drink tea and dance with random men who would find her eligible enough to marry.