Unwanted-Cherished

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

I am going to die, aren't I?

"Unfortunately, no. Go on, walk fast."

Cheonsa huffed in annoyance. She had found herself in a very peculiar situation.

Being the only girl among a group of incredibly attractive guys was already challenging enough, but to make matters worse, they had locked her up in her room while they went off to have all the fun beating up people and stuff. Cheonsa was determined not to let that happen.

The only escape was through the window to the roof and then climbing down the pipe.

Therefore, after an hour and a half of contemplating her life decision and going through the list of regrets, Cheonsa found herself taking baby steps on the thin window plank of her room/ prison.

Her baby blue dress flew with the wind and her long hair slapped her face. She carefully climbed up the window and balanced herself on the roof. Now perched on the rooftop, she felt a mix of triumph and a slight twinge of fear. Walking sideways, like a crab attempting a tightrope act, she tried her best to maintain her balance on the slippery surface. She averted her gaze from the dizzying drop below, because, well, looking down was not in her best interest at the moment.

"You can do it, Cheonsa! You're a strong girl," she muttered under her breath, trying to convince herself of her own capabilities. Unfortunately, her attempted pep talk only managed to earn a snort from her demon, as if mocking her feeble attempts at self-encouragement. Whatever she was doing was exactly what Heeseung had advised her not to do.

But Cheonsa wanted to help them. She wanted to prove to herself and everyone else that she wasn't just some helpless damsel waiting to be rescued by a dashing prince.

After what felt like an eternity of stumbling, tripping, and narrowly avoiding three near-death experiences, Cheonsa finally landed on the ground below. The grass cushioned her fall, and she could feel its gentle embrace against her fingertips as she clutched her racing heart. She took in deep, ragged breaths, grateful for the taste of freedom and the sweet scent of the outdoors.

A smile, small and timid at first, slowly tugged at the corners of her lips.

I did it!
Now what?

"You will do the most important job of all."

Really?

"Drabek might attack the commoners of the kingdom. Your job is to gather them and move them to a safe distance."

How do you know about all this?

"Well, someone has to be the brains of the group. You kids cannot get your priorities straight."

Cheonsa thought for a moment. What was her demon talking about? Why was she even helping them? It all suddenly clicked in her brain and she gasped in realisation.

It's the prophecy!

"Congratulation. You have proven yourself to be slightly below average."

But I thought you were bad.

"Flattery will get you nowhere. Not always is the bad, the villain of the story."

Cheonsa had come to a realization about her demon—it had a peculiar fondness for speaking in riddles. With this newfound knowledge, she sprinted toward the kingdom with all her might. Her destination: the village nearest to the palace, the very place they had stayed before. She only prayed that the villagers would believe her.