Da-da-da-da.

"That looks ghastly. I will not put that in my mouth! No way!" Cheonsa mumbled with the worst posh accent she could manage.

Heeseung glared at her and then at the food and then at her again. He had the strange urge to unscrew his head and toss it out of the window.

The scroll, which was in his pocket, seemed to feel heavier by the passing second. The sudden news had thrown him off guard. He had been so detached from his world that he couldn't even guess why Jungwon out of all the people was being executed.

Nonetheless, he had to save the boy before it was too late. He needed to assess the situation here in Metsys before taking any action. But everything had to be done on time. To do that, he had to get over with Cheonsa.

He had been trying to force the girl to eat some food for the last thirty minutes. She was certainly not being helpful at all.

Her cheeks were flushed red and her eyes were half-closed. She had a goofy smile plastered on her face which made him want to smack her with the food tray. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

She had to eat, one way or another. Even if it meant that he would have to manually do it. He grabbed a spoon a bit too aggressively and scooped up some salad.

What's worse than having a sloth around you?

He thought bitterly.

A drunk sloth...

He shoved the salad into her mouth. She squealed in protest and began to spit it out.

Before she could do that, he picked up the fork and pointed it at her threateningly, "Don't even think about it."

Cheonsa paused and blinked at the fork that was only inches away from her eyeballs. She slowly leaned away and started chewing in hurry.

The salad tasted like grass. Not that she ever tasted grass, but she knew what grass tasted like that. It was common knowledge. From the corner of her eyes, she could see the dolphin/man laughing at her. Choosing to ignore his existence, she continued to chew like her life depended on it.

After a lot of chewing and almost choking on a piece of lettuce, she swallowed the food. Within a blink, Heeseung shoved a chunk of icky looking meat into her mouth. It looked disgusting but it tasted pretty good. She sniffed the plate of the strange coloured meat in front of her. It looked like a piece of charcoal with honey drizzled on it.

She eagerly took the spoon and fork and started shovelling the food in her mouth.

Heeseung stared at the girl in front of him. Her cheeks were puffed up with food. The sauce was smeared all over her mouth. She was looking like a pig that was starved for months.

She oddly looked like her younger version with those puffy cheeks and sparkly eyes. Heeseung couldn't help but stare at her with an unreadable expression. Cheonsa's eyes were looking everywhere in wonder. Her head was bobbing along with the beats of the music that was being played in the restaurant.

Their eyes finally met at one point and none of them attempted to look away. Heeseung was trying to take in every little detail of her face and match it with his memory to see how much she changed through the years. Cheonsa was simply wondering how Heeseung managed to look so handsome without even trying.

After a few minutes of staring contest, Heeseung shook his head and scowled at her. Cheonsa offered him a toothy smile and went back to inhaling her food.

He merely stared at her with disappointment written all over his face. She was trying a bit too hard to fit a whole steak in her mouth at once. At this rate, people might think that Heeseung had been starving her for years.